Monday, June 25, 2007

More and More Firsts in June!

More swimming with my sister's kids, Zach and Lyndsay, and our cousins, Hannah Beth and Hayden.
Pool time at Pat's sister's wedding weekend.....First BIG air!
The trio, my boys and Pat's Nephew, Dakota.....they swam, and swam, and swam....Papa had sore shoulders and muscles after that night!

Wow, Are my boys cute or what?

Before Auntie Erin's wedding......
Aunt Julie saved poor Mama since she had to do everything solo with Papa being a part of the wedding party.......couldn't have done it without you, Jules!

He wasn't as beautiful as the bride but I think he came in a close second!


My first lesson in how to enjoy the lake by Ata Bob! He is the expert, they say.......This is how we all spent the day after the wedding....well, not Papa, he went home to work....sorry Papa! :(

My first boat outing in the afternoon......I could not quit talking about the boat!

Grandma Ruth and me watering all the plants.....

Our Evening excursion....I actually drove the boat all over the lake.....Everyone was amazed at my ability to turn the boat in whatever way I needed with only occasional help from Ata Bob.!

_________________________________________________________________________
We have had a busy June! Nick is having a great time with all of his new friends and most recently, Family. We had my whole family in last week and Nick had a blast with his cousins Lyndsay and Zach. We attended Pat's sister's wedding this weekend which was beautiful and a perfect way to meet all of the rest of Pat's side of the family. Everyone thought Nick was quite the cute boy which of course he is, most of the time.....he is 3, afterall. He did not seem to be too overwhelmed by the crowd and was very pleasant and gave smiles to all. We are now relaxing with Grandma and Grandpa Kitzman at the lake and can't wait to go play with some new cousins in the next few days. He has taken to the boat as you can see and is wow-ing the grandparents with how much english he has acquired in the last 2 months since they saw him. He has really started to improve on some of his clarity and can really express himself well now. With more speech, we have continued to be amazed at how spooky smart and funny he is..... We have our good days and bad days just like every other parent but overall, he is so typically 3 year old that we consider ourselves blessed beyond measure. I am enjoying all of the help that I have been getting the past week or so with my family and now Pat's. Of course, it makes us miss living near our family even more especially since Nick let my sister "babysit" him while I went to the store......My sister and I both wish we could be closer so we could trade date night babysitting. I miss her already! I still get a bit overwhelmed at all the things I want to do, should be doing, am behind in doing but most days just give up and hang out with Nick.....3 years is alot of time to make up for......Hope everyone is having a great summer. Would love to hear from any of you out there who are reading the blog...I know the junkies are still out there! Thanks for keeping up with us ...we love your prayers and support still! Love to all, K-Pat(at home) and Nick





4 comments:

John & Karen said...

Karen,

I guess you can call me a blog junky. I find myself checking it at least once every day or so for more pictures and stories. Nick is so precious and looks like he is enjoying his new life. It is so good that you get to spend so much time with him, and that you have a lot of people that can give you breaks.

Enjoy your time catching up!!

John Stewart

Kristina said...

Karen,
We are at the beach in Gulf Shores, AL. Thank you for putting the pictures online! They are great. I still need to learn how to put pictures online and then I can start blogging. Shannon, John and Lauren Clay are with us as well as Bob and Kim. Laura and her boyfriend Caleb leave tomorrow and they are at the beach taking pictures with Libby right now. The rest of us are watching America
s Got Talent which is hilarious! Glad you are enjoying family time -- we are too! Take care and call us when you get back into town. Kristina

Susan said...

Glad to see you are having fun. hope you have a great 4th. We are heading out to the lake tomorrow to stay for the week. It was great to see all you guys and we hope you will come back more often.

Susan

Nick and Mary Sue said...

Hi Karen & Pat,
My husband & I adopted from Zhez about a year ago. It's a long shot, but when we were there one of us snapped a photo of another little boy that went running by the green room... not sure, but it looks a little like Nick/Nurik. Please email me if you are interested I will forward it to you. Was trying to find your email to contact you directly but I lost it.

regards,
Mary Sue (marysue716 at aol.com)