Saturday, July 7, 2007

BYE FOR NOW, COOL and BEAUTIFUL WISCONSIN!



We were given these great boxes by the Good Friends and Neighbors across the street...Mama and Grandma were quite handy with the scissors and tape....it even has seats to sit inside!

Nick and Moose on a journey to who knows where.....maybe gazing at the Canadian Rockies or the Washington Cascades or could it just be a long ride across the Kazakhstan Steppes.

My first Jet Ski....papa powered and fast as lightning!

We went to a wildlife park with lots of deer, bear, fox and wolf but I liked the parking lot train that went round and round and round in a little circle....Papa loved it! Chuckle, Chuckle!~

Grandpa Bob helped me feed the black bear some bear juice!

Papa was very pleased that I wanted to ride in his blue kayak and then this double kayak of Uncle Mike's especially after I found Cousin Dakota's oars and could help navigate!

Don't I look like I was always meant to Kayak the lakes of Wisconsin! Scotty, we are starting him early so get us another tour ready!

Uncle Mike and Aunt Julie took me on a long paddle around the end of the lake and then on a little Island hike out in the middle!

My first Fourth of July parade! Drums and firetrucks were my favorite!


My first parade with Auntie Rhino (Erin) and Uncle Brian....the Newly marrried, Mr. and Mrs. Alft! Woo Hoo!
It is not a family fourth without fireworks starting with the driveway kind and moving on to a huge display of noise and lights off of the dock!

This is how I started the evening but thanks to Auntie Erin's enthusiasm, I ended the evening yelling More Fireworks!
I got to hold Aunt Erin's new Kitten, Zoe, who came home with her from the wildlife park....if it would have been me, I would have brought the train.
Vacation is over and we are heading home. I was an awesome rider in the car and loved watching the world go by through the windows. My favorites were bridges, silos, and trucks, and a-nudder truck, and a-nudder truck.......
___________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________
Fun was had by all on our annual trek up north. We had the addition of the wedding this year which added the extra fun. Nick did amazingly well with all the new people and places that we visited over the two weeks. He is glad to be home with Amigo and his toys but I know he will miss all of the great evening read-a-thons with Grandma Ruuf (Ruth) and Ata Bob. We had a great journey home and thought we had gone the entire way without incident until we hit the comfort inn. You never know when a 3 year old is going to get fixated on something but ours chose the motel microwave and fridge and proceeded to almost fall asleep and then get up and go over to the objects for the next 2 1/2 hours and when we blocked those he moved on to the air conditioner/heater unit....why are those units on the floor....well, about 3 am we decided that we were getting no sleep so we just packed up and caffeined our way home....of course, he fell asleep as soon as we got back in the car and we were both so jazzed up from the battle that we had plenty of adrenaline to go on and of course I was stressing over getting charged $90 dollars for 3 hours of non-restful time. But we did make it home safe and sound. I will say going from carefree couple vacations to vacation with a 3 year old is quite a shock to our system but we enjoyed watching Nick with his new extended family. He truly loved everything he did and everyone got to spend good quality time getting to know our little Kazmanian Devil. The next few weeks will be busy as we finally have our first pediatrician visit so this means Vaccinations...ugh and then keep us in your prayers as he goes in for his male snipping on the 19th. These visits plus additional visits including a cavity filling and another eye appointment promise to make a very busy and not so pleasant but necessary activity filled July!
From Nick....My Uncle Mike was determined to teach me how to Rap like a really good Northern Wisconsin Banker so here is my Ode to Uncle Mike.......
My name is Nick and I'm here to say.....
that I'm proud to be in the USA....
My new family is great and when they congregate...
They hug and kiss me at every turn...
and told me the one thing I would have to learn....
Fireworks, Fuh, Fuh, Fuh, Fireworks....
Crazy Groundhogs, SkyJacks, and Mortars a plenty.......
If it doesn's say flaming balls of fire, it will be wimpy, that's right, wuh, wuh, wuh wimpy!
I will eat my brats and fish fry too...
and when the Packers play, I will yell woo, hoo!......
I'm proud to be a Kitzman and a part of this crew....
so I'll see you at Christmas and I love YOU!
signed, the Rappin' Kazak ( and his Mama)
Happy July to everyone......stay cool and keep in touch! k-pat and Nick

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful you are back home safe. It sounds like ya'll had a great time as you always do. O.K. maybe not as peaceful/relaxing as it usually is but as Nick gets older it will be that way again. Hopefully, one day we can spend some time with ya'll there. I loved your Rap. I was cracking up. Oh the things we learned from St. Louis-or least I did. Talk with you soon.
Love ya'll,
Kelly

Unknown said...

Awesome rap! Good to see the picks and talk with you. I agree with Kelly. As Nick gets older the vacations will get better. Nothing but sunshine up ahead. :)

love ya,
cathy

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great vacation, and that Nick did quite well in the new environment. It also looks like you had great weather - or did you only take pictures on nice days?

I am so glad to have had the opportunity to meet the little guy, and see both of you. I look forward to the next time our paths cross - he will be completely assimilated by then - and in the meantime, I look forward to the continued blogs.

Keep up the good work -
Carol

Susan said...

Hey guys,

Looks like you had a great time. I personally enjoy things that go round and round and round (ha ha)....why do little people enjoy that??? I'm glad the car ride went well. Vacations do get better and better as they get older. Come by to swim before we start school again (Aug 1st...yuck).

Susan

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing the pictures of your vacation! We were so honored to be a part of the fun as Ethan and Aidan loved playing with Nick at our house. Too bad we couldn't get together again before you left, but our lives are just too busy! I thought the boys played together amazingly well, for 2, 3 and 4 year old boys. We don't expect too many miracles. :) I can totally relate to the hotel story, as we attended a wedding in Denver when Aidan was 6 months and Ethan was 2 1/2. Paul had to drive Ethan around the city trying to get him to sleep while I stayed in the hotel with Aidan. They got to see the entire city in the moonlight, as Ethan had missed his sleep window and was wound up tighter than a rubber band! I think they were gone from 11:00 until 3:30AM before he finally gave in. The next night he slept wonderfully, thanks to Benadryl! :) I know it is wrong, but being a nurse, I thought maybe a slight allergy was developing. :) Glad you are back home safely. Can't wait to see you all again!