Thursday, December 13, 2007

What have we been doing?

Well, Nick continued with his sickness for the whole week thus missing preschool and BSF. Mama was a bit stir crazy and cabin feverish so as soon as he showed signs of healing, we went out. We had plans to attend our church adoption support group meeting at Gattitown so we risked an assault of germs just to get some fresh air.

He loved riding the carousel with daddy and he was waving to me but I think they had it on speedy mode because I could barely get shots before they went flying by me.
Our next outing wasn't until a few days later since he had a spike in fever after gattitown...I know bad idea.....We went to Southern lights at the ky horse park. He loved the lights and thought the petting zoo was awesome. We also went to the model train exhibit and took video of that part so no pictures.
He liked the big camel and I could not get them all in the picture.
I can't believe we got him to do the elf and we were able to get a picture fast enough. If you look to the left, there is even a daddy elf! ;)

This week, he was finally able to go back to preschool even though he reportedly has a double ear infection and a new antibiotic. At least he is covered with drugs until we leave for Christmas. He made this little ornament at school for us and they used their fingerprints to make the snowman. They also gave us a shadow drawing of Nick but I am not convinced it is him....doesn't really favor him at all. Maybe they did this project when he was sick??

Couldn't resist this picture for Ata Bill and Grandma Martha.....this is his new Pooh that came in the mail a few days ago. He loves him and since Moose never became the sleeping buddy, we are going to work on Pooh being the sleeping buddy. It has worked two days in a row for nap.
And, for those of you who have been wondering, YES, we finally got our boy a real bed. He is off of the floor mattress and loves his new bed. Santa is bringing his bedspread and a March trip to Gatlinburg should help us put the finishing touches on the room's Northwoods theme. A better picture will come later when it is all put together. They put Nickle plated type knobs on the drawers which I feel ruins the "wood" theme so they have promised me that wood ones are on the way although I may look for some moose, bear, wolf ones in Gburg.
We got this great homemade (extra special) book from Cousins Rose Ella and Donna in Phoenix. I love it! It has pages for each letter of the Alphabet that explains Christmas stuff with pictures and little sayings. He loves the alphabet and it is a great way to talk about Christmas with him. He still is not liking Santa (thinks he is a giant). He already had a giant thing but we think because he keeps seeing Santa with Elves that he thinks he is a giant too. He will just have to see more of him in person, I guess.
We are on the countdown for leaving for the holidays.....cabin feverish Mama is so excited AND we hear that there is lots of snow up North! Hope everyone is not too crazy these last few days before Christmas and just enjoying time with Family and Friends!

4 comments:

junglemama said...

Looks like he got plum-tuckered out. :)

Jody and Rich said...

I'm so sorry to hear Nick has been under the weather. Maybe he got it all over with before the holidays so he will be a happy boy while you are gone. Hope you have a great and safe trip to the north.
Have a great Christmas.
Love,
Jody

The Highley Family said...

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip. Enjoy the snow. My boys want it to snow so bad! We will have to have a play date when you get back.

Nikki said...

Hi there! I am just trying to spread the word that I am designing blogs for a good cause. Please check out http://madebynikki.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Nikki