
We watched the Superbowl on Sunday and were actually glad that the Giants won so the Packers loss did not seem so bad....I guess! Pat cooked up some Wisconsin Brats and Nick had his FIRST Brat (I think?....might have had one up north but we couldn't remember) He ate it like a Kitzman! Excuse the bad hair moment....not sure what kind of electrical current was going thru at that moment! ;)
We went back to the eye doctor today.....gee, it was only an hour plus this time versus the usual 2-3 hour wait.....BUT, she said that Nick is continuing to improve with his eye sight so still does not need patches. I think he is better than they think because he simply gets so tired of waiting and then reading all of the lines that he just won't answer them.....so next time she said we would try the weak eye first before his tolerance is gone!
Saturday was a bit warmer and Nick kept asking us to go to the park so he could sing the bunny song. He didn't care what else we did as long as we ended up at the park so he could sing. He has been cracking us up with The Bunny Song from Silly songs with Larry video (veggietales). The singer is a giant pickle who sings with a deep voice like James Earl Jones (Darth Vader). Nick gets into it so much that we are trying to figure out how to get it on video but for now we just have a few still shots of him at the low soulful notes and the intense finish of the song....He even HAD to take a "microphone" with us to the park. Click on the photos to enlarge to get the full effect....he has his eyes closed and everything.... our boy has so much SOUL! Hilarious!

We are starting to get ready for a 1st anniversary/birthday bash for Nick. We are going to celebrate all 4 of his birthdays....his first birthday will be celebrated at 1p, 2nd at 2p, and so on. Of course he will have his big birthday cake at 4p for his real 4th birthday but I couldn't pass up on celebrating all the ones we missed (we were there for his 3rd but they wouldn't let us bring a cake for him.....that sweet allergy thing) We will have an open house so we can have more people coming and going as they can. I doubt we will do such a big blast at further birthday but he deserves a big one along with his 1st year with us celebraton! I am going to try and do one of those video montages with music for his year celebration....if anyone has any tips...feel free to chime in on the comments!
Nick had his final assessment with the school district last week. The only thing that I think he will qualify for is speech for obvious reasons. We may decide to get speech at his elementary school but continue him in our current preschool because they have been so great with him. I just can't say enough about his preshool (Little Elks). We are probably going to let him stay with the 3 year olds again next year as we still have many basics to improve on.......some things he is learning so fast but then others like using scissors, colors, crafty type stuff could use some extra work and I really see no reason to push him and as his teacher says " He really just likes to play and is always full of joy and excited about everything".....I think that is good progress for the first year! (Although my competitive, had to have all A's side did come out for just a second when we discussed what to do for next year....but I quickly jumped back into reality and realized just how far he has really come this year!)
Hope everyone is having a great start to February......countdown 7 days until that momentous first bonding day with Nick Nurik, private eye! ;)







6 comments:
Those are adorable pictures of Nick!! I am so glad he likes swimming! My favorite memories growing up were spent in the pool! And the ones of him singing are priceless! What a happy guy! I can't wait to meet him at Kazapalooza!
Thanks for the post on our blog today:) It is a great feeling to know we are one step closer to our Little Guy!! I am glad you like the name - it seems to be getting good reviews all around!!! We were a little nervous about peoples' reactions when we first chose it, but we love it:)
Forget the speech, get that kid into acting lessons! LOL! He definitely found the perfect parents for him ... you are so creative and patient, and you must be so amazed at his progress. God is really at work in Nick! What a fun idea for his b-day. He is going to be over the top excited. Can't wait to hear about how each hour passes. :-) We're sending tons of happy thoughts your way!!!
I just love reading the blog! Can't wait for BUNCO Friday night, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever. I sat with Teryl Snow at BSF Wednesday so I didn't make it over to our usual pew. I just remembered you said Pat is out of town -- are you coming to BUNCO? I will try to call tomorrow. Libby and Bobby are going to the UK gymnastics meet at Memorial Coliseum at 7. If you think Nick would like to tag along, let us know. K
How awesome! Swimming is fantastic!
My Nicholas is hilarious also, it must be the Kaz. in them! He has us laughing all the time! He also loves veggie tales and dancing with Larry the Cucumber, it is sooo funny to watch him. It will be great to see these two together in June!
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I've had a great time going through your archives and catching up on your journey.
Karen's right...forget the speech and get start saving up for his tuition to Juliard!!!
Post a Comment