Thursday, April 16, 2009

Technical difficulty and the Kcubed weekend!

Our camera has now kind of expired.....still can use it but the connection point to download the pictures is broken so now we will have to transfer another way which will take longer.....must solve this problem soon! I got lots of pics of Nick to show you! I did get some downloaded so I will work with those til we are up to date!

On another most FABULOUS note.......3 kazamommies are uniting this weekend for super-duper, nothing but relaxation, uninterrupted conversation chick weekend AND we all happen to be named Karen.....my friend here in town dubbed it the Kcubed weekend! We are going to a beautiful Inn in Ohio that has the word SPA in it so how bad can it be???? We have a cabin with a porch and hours of conversation time. Being "mature" first time moms, the conversation could go anywhere between matchbox cars to menopause! It is so gonna rock! I am making homemade caramel corn chex mix and beer cheese for snacking because all good girl weekends involve food, don't they?! Please pray for safe travel and health mercies for all of us.....will give fun details when we return!

And, I would be a horrible mom blogger if I didn't try to include just a few pictures of the reason you all still come here anyway! Nick has had a hard two weeks (including springbreak)....somehow, we think we rocked his security world by not taking Daddy with us to TX to visit Gma Martha and Ata Bill. I have a few good (funny now) stories to tell but will wait for more pictures....they are slowly and surely getting here ( got the train pics today....thanks Gma Ruth and Ata Bob!) We did manage to get some smiles at Easter so I will share those......unfortunately he shed his Easter garb quickly and we did not get an "Easter shot" but he is still the cutest bunny boy in Ky!
On a final note, Spring is a glorious season around central Ky. I am not sure why the only stereo type of Ky is barefoot and toothless people from the mountains?? kinda makes me mad because frankly, Central Ky is a bit on the wealthy side if you ask me and most horse barns rival the biggest mansions (which happen to be many) around here. But, THIS is why we love Ky....on a quick detour just a mere 5 minutes outside the main drag, below is what we experience, NOT trailers and moonshine! These horses were so beautiful with their babies that I made Pat stop so I could take a picture....Enjoy and LONG LIVE KY....moonshine, mansions and millionaire basketball coaches (yeah, not so happy about the last one but don't get me started on that!). :)






7 comments:

junglemama said...

Nick is adorable!

How I would love to join you gals! But... I didn't adopt from Kaz nor do I live by you. :(

Vonda Kaye said...

I wanna come see beautiful Kentucky! Gorgeous photos of the horses... and Nick is sure growing up so sweet and handsome.
Got your comment on my blog...thanks for keeping in touch! Hope you had a blast!
Vonda

keoghclan said...

Hi there. Hope you had a lovely weekend - sounds like it had all the makings of fun, fun, fun - you lucky ducks!

Nick looks so big - maybe he is on a spring stretch!! The photo of the horse and foals looks lovely..... the green grass reminds me of Ireland. Funny even though I have never been to Kentucky (yet) I always think of horses when I think of Kentucky? It looks gorgous - I miss the countryside (even though I grew up in Dublin, countryside was never far away)

Kim said...

You weekend sounds like a blast! It is great to have friends to share the experience of adoption and life after with. :)

Joanne & Andy said...

Thank you for thinking I am to young for the girls getaway, but I am not as young as you might think I am(hint, I was born in the 60's)

Alaina said...

Cute pictures of Nick (and beautiful KY :))! I'm so glad you had a great weekend - what fun! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Aaron and Julie said...

That last horse photo is cool!! How was girl's weekend?? It sounds awesome. I wanna go!! Calgone, take me away :)