--------------------------------------------------
I've had this picture below for awhile but don't think that I downloaded it....Nick is all about his daddy these days and wants to do everything like Pat. This picture was taken after dinner. Pat had put his feet up to relax and next thing you know Nick pulled up a chair to relax also! Cute!
Nic has not been all that into puzzles. Pat and I love them. We did several in Kazakhstan on our long winter days. He received a pirate one for his birthday and he finally stopped long enough to work the whole thing with me one evening.....I was so proud and he was too!
Nick loves the How I became a Pirate books and we found out that the children's theatre here was doing a musical rendition of the book! It was fabulous and Nick never moved once.....he was mesmerized! So cool! We could not take pictures during the play but I got one before with his ticket!
As much as I hate to have my picture taken along with the fact that I am usually the photographer, I realized during our last post adoption report that it will take great effort to get pics of me with Nick vs. Dad with Nick so I am trying to make an effort albeit torture!
Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a picky cake eater. I am not big on sweets but I am very particular. I am mostly picky about icing. I hate the new fondant or whipped cream stuff...I am old school.....crisco and powdered sugar or butter cream types are my favorites. My friend Amy's mom made me my cake this year and it was FABULOUS. Thanks so much Mrs. S!
She had all these extra touches that made it so pretty and one of a kind. I think she might regret doing it this time.....she might be booked for years to come!
Nick continues to be my little creative genius. Last week, he decided that all his animals were going on a plane ride. He directed them all to their seats.........I love the little penguin sitting behind Mr. Moose....there are 5-6 moose riding the plane also. Can you tell it was a theme in the early days!? :)
And, then, pilot Nick gave the speech and proceeded to take off......to Mars! :)
Nick graduated from Preschool and we went for his little performance and reception last Friday. He was not all that thrilled to be in the performance this year but he made it thru without too much drama and we took pictures of his "diploma"! :)
We were even more sad to say goodbye to Mrs. Hellard, our very special speech teacher. Luckily, she has a little boy just a year older than Nick and we are planning a playdate soon!
More Creativity.....Nick and his friend Logan were Chefs and they wanted chef's hats which we did not have so they improvised.....hilarious. I love the look on Nick's face. Pure Kid joy!
We finished out the year at speech with our neighborhood elementary school. We love the office ladies and Nick has developed quite a friendship with Ms. Marie.....she lets him into her stamp drawer! Since we will be going to the Spanish Immersion school next year, we will not see them for Kindergarten. They were all sad and so were we.......
We were even more sad to say goodbye to Mrs. Hellard, our very special speech teacher. Luckily, she has a little boy just a year older than Nick and we are planning a playdate soon!
So many final visits this month. I have been quite emotional about his last Bible Study Fellowship class until first grade, his last preschool class, his last preschool sunday school class, and his last speech class at James Lane Allen. He has been very blessed to have the many of the same teachers for both of his first two years as our son. God was good to us. He had structure, consistency, and lots of grace and love from these folks. They helped us introduce many things to our son like God, family, love, friendship, school, fun, crafts, etc. Many days, I would drop off Nick at BSF or preschool exhausted from conflict and they would accept him with open arms and for that 2 or 3 hours, we both rested from the "changes" of new family life. I tried to make sure all of his teachers knew how much they meant to us in this first two years and they will forever have a place in our heart as our team Kitzman Most valuable Players!! I know he will most likely have many more special leaders and teachers but this group will always be special.....
----------------------------
Kazapalooza is here.......see you all in a few days!
-----------------------------
(I have one more post from the old camera but waiting on permission to post pictures of the sweetest little boy and his family who we were honored to have dinner and park play extraordinaire with last Saturday night!) :)






10 comments:
I think my favorite photos are how proud Nick is of his puzzle achievement, his grin with the tickets & Nick with Mama :) I know what you mean with not having photos for pp reports!
Wow. I can't believe he has graduated from preschool & BSF. Yet another new chapter & adventure awaits in the fall!
Have fun at kazapalooza!!
Oh my gosh, so many wonderful photos that I can't pick. I love the one where Nick is piloting the bus to Mars. Then there's "Chef" Nick—that one is amazing. You've got one imaginative kid on your hands. Speaking of creativity, those cakes are amazing. Simply gorgeous. Does your friend's mom do standing orders and ship across the country? LOL
Last, but not least, I love the sweet picture of mother and son. It may be all about dad right now, but it's clear who has his heart.
Awww great pictures. I love the airplane and the speech! Very very creative. I am looking forward to meeting you all in a few days!!
(PS - I am SOOOO with you on the cake!)
Hey lovey. The photos are brilliant. I love the pirate puzzle, the photo of Nick with his diploma (where did you get his tee shirt from, it is gorgous!! - you and I have the same taste in our boys clothes me thinks!!) and I love the photo of you and Nick. You have a beautiful hair colour (its one I pay money to try and replicate :-))
So excited about Kazapalooza - we leave here tomorrow morning on our road trip - the kids are bouncing with excitement. Orin has packed and repacked his toys back pack many times and he is sleeping with it beside him on the floor right now!!
Will finally meet you soon. It has been a long time.
Take care Karen.
It will
what a cool kid...I cannot wait to meet him this weekend (and you guys too!!!)
I'm way impressed on the puzzle...wow, I hate puzzles. Sean liked puzzles when he was Nick's age though...and he's good at math. I think the 2 most defitely correlate...cuz I stink at math. :)
Just reading about him brings back memories of "Lil Sean" ...the one of him sitting "just like daddy" and loving the pirate show (although with us, it was Thomas, the Wiggles, disney on ice, all that stuff, not so much pirates.
What a creative and smart kid-the train was cracking me up.
What a cool school he's going to..spanish immersion? wow!
I can relate to feeling sad though as they move on to new schools and different things. I got very emotional myself when Sean graduated from 5th grade...even though his school goes to 8th grade, it was still very "emo" for his mommy.
What a sweet, wonderfully creative and smart kid you got there, and how many people love him in his life.
I'm getting all emo here. :)
You should clean out the camera more often - they were all good shots. I love his setting up the plane ride to Mars. He is a very creative kid. I can imagine that all the "lasts" are hard, especially when were involved with all the 'firsts." It is a very special time that you will always remember.
And now your summer if off to a great start - good luck with all the new firsts.
Carol
Loved seeing you all again! Can't wait for Kazapalooza 2010!!! Stop by and see us in good ol' Normal, Il :-) Nick is as handsome and sweet as ever!!!
Hi, I just found your blog from another Kaz adoptive family site... can't wait to read your whole story! I adopted my first from China and am looking to adopt a 2nd from Kaz. Looking at Adoption Ark and A Helping Hand agencies right now to try to figure out who I should go with.
Kaz seems more complicated than China was!! lol
Melissa
Just checking in, are you back from your trip yet????
Great photos!
Nick is a cutie.....
Post a Comment