Monday, May 4, 2009

THE KAREN KAZAMOMMY WEEKEND 2009

In this part of the post, please start humming the B.rady Bun.ch The.me song..........

---------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the story of three lovely ladies......


Lexi/Karen


Minni/Karen



Cinci/Karen

who found each other in a very special way
All of them had been named Karen
By their parents
The chance of that is rare

------------------------------------------------------------


Here’s the story of a site named bl0g.ger
which brings together those with stories of their own
Their sons were born and living in Kazakhstan
And they were all alone….



Lexi/Nick



Minni/Garrett



Cinci/Max

--------------------------------------------------------


Til the one day as we learn from their true stories
The courts declared them a forever family
Thus these K’s were all connected by adoption
And that’s the way we all became like family


The kcubed bunch, the kcubed bunch, that’s the way we became the kcubed bunch

Da,da,da,da,da,da,da,da,da!
----------------------------------------------
In honor of Mother's Day, I thought I better get this post finished before people forgot all about the big hype of the Karen Weekend.....Needless to say, It was FABULOUS. It is always a bit nerve wracking to plan a get-a-way for friends especially ones that you have not travelled with before and one you had never even met "in person". I must say they are the best travel buddies ever. We talked and talked and talked and talked. Even though we all walked different Kaz journeys, we are somehow bonded by that so intensely that it was like we had been friends for years. Minni and I both adopted "older" boys....Nick at 3 and Garrett at 5 so we share some very similar post-homecoming stories. We cannot wait to get them together although it will probably need to be a very wide open space with earplugs available! :)

I spotted this Inn online several years ago while searching for Pat and I but we chose another instead. So, I decided it would be a great place for a girls weekend. I am always very nervous to go somewhere I have not been with friends who may have high expectations. Thankfully, It turned out to be a great place even without TV! We had good weather for some of the time and had the luxury of just sitting on the porch and talking along with an afternoon hike to the nearby Hocking Hills State Park where we saw a cave and a beautiful falls area. The Karens were VERY easy going so I had no worries about anything. Before we left Cincinnati, we ate lunch at this great outdoor patio and had Thai food. It was the best start to our great weekend. We have great hopes of doing another weekend again and maybe invite some more Kazamommies along. I am so thankful for these girsl. What an awesome gift to get in addition to your very special gift of a child thru adoption. You cannot believe the ways God will bless you when you take the journey to adopt. I highly recommend it!
Happy Mother's Day to our moms and all my friends especially those celebrating their first Mother's Day this year!

9 comments:

Karen said...

I love your brady kcubed musical intro—can't get the tune out of my head. It was the best Kazamommy weekend ever. You're right it did feel like family, especially while gabbing on and stuffing our faces with incredibly, amazing caramel chex mix. (See we can multi-task. Ha.)

Beautiful mommys, beautiful sons. Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

Karen said...

P.S. Great pictures of the two of you. Your mom will be so proud—you've got your beautiful hair down.

Aaron and Julie said...

What an awesome weekend! Happy Mother's Day to you!!

junglemama said...

Happy Mother's Day. What a neat group of ladies you are a part of.

Joanne & Andy said...

Happy Mother's Day Karen! Looks like you three ladies had a great weekend! Look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks in Nashville.

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

LOVE IT! Let's go again!!!

I'll be singing that song for days, but it will be nice to get the theme song of The Wonder Pets out of my head for awhile.

Your photo is gorgeous! Kudos to the photographer! :-)

Thank you so much for the amazing Mother's Day wishes. I was giddy all day, even while doing 7 loads of laundry. I'm just so happy to be a mom, and to be a Kazamommy is the BEST!

I'll call this week to catch up more.

Hugs to the boys!

Kim said...

How wonderful! So glad you all had a great time. You are too funny. :)

The Cook said...

What a fun weekend. Wish I was named Karen! I am amazed at how big Nick is. What a doll. Can't wait to see you guys.

Susan said...

OK..your brady bunch song ROCKS.

I feel like I had all the scoop from your weekend from the Other Karen's blogs...but shasme on me for not reading your rendition..cuz your song took the cake!!

you are FUN!CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOUR SON!