Monday, August 17, 2009

What happened to the good ol' days?

Basically, it is a kazamommy panic day! I have been thinking of going private on the blog for quite awhile. Maybe I watch too much TV or read to much but really our world unfortunately just has a bunch of people that have issues and I really don't want our family to be at risk even just a little bit to these scary folk. There has been reports of blog pictures being hijacked and used for crazy things. Now, I know all two people, OK, maybe 9 that read my blog will be challenged by the fact that they will now have to "sign in" to read the blog but really, just write it on a post it note and stick it on the computer to remember. I will need everyone who reads the blog to send me your email. My email is hensley k hensley @ aim . com (take the spaces out when you actually email me) I think I know most of you that read this and will send you an invite as soon as I learn how to go private. It will just involve you clicking on the invite and then coming up with your user name and password. I will keep the blog public until August 31st and then go private. I mostly use this blog to share pictures with family and friends so I don't want to be paranoid anymore about what I post or what pictures I use.....I want you to enjoy them all so it will be easier with a private blog. Sorry, for the inconvenience but I have to agree with my kazamommy buddies....it's just not worth the risk! :) You can leave me your email in the comments or email me directly. If I do not know you in real life but you are a friend of a friend or a Kaz adoption family, I need a full resume and 3 references! Just kidding! But, I would like some additional info and frankly, if I can't see a clear verifiable connection to our story, I may have to decline. Sorry, but people just don't tell the truth anymore and I need to be confident that you are not a sneaky snake! :) I don't see this as too much of a problem because I don't feel all 9 of you are a threat at all! :) So long story, short....going private on August 31st, send in your email for an invite if you wish to follow the further adventures of the Kazmanian Devil!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!

I'm a lurker. We are in the very beginning of the adoption process, and Kazakhstan is one of our possible countries. I have been reading and lurking for a while, so I'll be sad to see your blog go private, but I totally understand your choice. I chose not to post pictures on my blog for the same reasons you are going private.

Joanne & Andy said...

Hi karen,

I have also been thinking of going private for the same reason.I would love to be invited!

Karen said...

Totally understand. I think you know me well enough to keep on the list. :-)

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Pick me, pick me, pick me. I promse to remain one of the "loyal 9."

:-)

Blue Tower Training said...

Don't forget me! I need to keep up with the adventures of Nick so that I can report back to Nathan, his friend from Illinois :)

Unknown said...

Hi. I would like an invite. I don't really comment, but I do read the blog. I adopted my son from Kaz in 07. I do like to follow along with other Kaz adoptive families. Now so many blogs are going private.

kimerizzo at yahoo dot com

thanks.

Jody and Rich said...

Count me in. I don't want to have kazmanian devil withdrawl!!!
Jody

Vonda Kaye said...

Hi Karen,
I believe you have my email address. Would appreciate an invite. I think it's a smart choice you're making.

Anonymous said...

I just found your site not long ago. I would love an invitation to continue reading your blog.
We opted not to have the childen's photos posted on the school website, as there are always people that are overly interested in our business.
Enjoying the journey, and thankful to have kindred spirits to keep company with along the way.
Best to you,
Jen cupoftea@charter.net

keoghclan said...

me too.......me too.

From Kazmanian devil # 2 Mam!!

4texans said...

Ok, so I'm not one of your 9 'loyal' readers, but I do read your blog occasionally. You can check mine out through my blogger profile. We are about to come home with our almost 4 year old from Almaty. I hope you will include me among your list of invitees! Katherine
mom2okayo(at)yahoo.com

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the invite!

Regina said...

Hello Kitzmans! Thanks for inviting to your blog! I haven't checked in for a while, but I would have been so sad if I couldn't get on.

I did catch up on your posts and I'm so teary-eyed right now. I'm glad you guys are healthy and doing better, but what a scare for all of you!

I can't believe Nick is in Kindergarten! What a handsome schoolboy he is. I think I will cry my eyes out when that day comes. I also think "what if" a lot about Milo and his potential fate. It kills me to fathom the possibility of not having him as our son.

I'm beginning to wonder if we should go private too. Not that I'm updating much lately (working on one!) but still what's there is very identifying. What was the big deciding factor for you?