We had our first fall visit from the GP's! Pat's parents were the first to arrive for a long weekend. The weather absolutely did not cooperate so lots of floor time for Ata Bob and Grandma Ruth in the basement playroom......glad they are both in such good shape. I'm not sure I would have gotten up quickly out of this lounge position Ata Bob was in for some Castle/starwars adventures! :)
We had a terribly cold and windy day for our pumpkin patch visit but the mums looked bright and cheery with an especially cute punkin in the front.
Afer dinner, we cleaned the table in preparation for Nick's first carving session. He had very specific directions for dad.....round eyes, triangle nose, and a big oval mouth that was saying boo! Ata Bob began gut removal. Nick was not obliged to help......he said it was ewwwww! 'gustin!! (disgusting) :)
We finally convinced him to put his hand in the pumpkin to at least touch the insides. He agreed if we let him put his mummy in too! Such a negotiator.
Daddy was first carver but Nick was more interested in his other toys all the while giving orders for specific cuts and shapes!
As Pumpkin Boss, he had to give Ata Bob some advice on the job he was doing
Three generations of Pumkin Carvers........
Pumpkin #1 - Nick's design! He requested the teeth purchase at the Pumpkin patch. We don't usually give in to spontaneous buys but this one ended up being awesome. He was so proud of his scary pumpkin!
Pumpkin #2 required less cutting and more tapping and poking! The GP's found this awesome buy and thought our resident pirate would love and he did!
ARRRRRRGH, me mateys!
We also made a trip to Cincinnati to Ikea (The GP's first experience!) and bought our second cubby unit for our office. So exciting.....I might be organized one of these days....or not! It looks so great though! Ruth and I did some shopping for Nick which turned out quite successful and considering they were here for only 3 days, we had great fun and got tons accomplished with them here to motivate us! Thanks Mom and Pop!
Report cards come out next week. Should be interesting to see how they grade Kindergarten?? We also have our OT assessment on Tuesday so should be at least something to blog about next week. Our trees are turning to their glorious colors right now and Nick has just been learning seasons.....so glad we have them. He was excited when he actually saw the leaves falling in large amounts and got why it is called "fall" and then today he saw his first rainbow and it was a double one! He saw it first and excitedly pointed it out. I asked him why we had rainbows and he quickly responded "because God promised to never flood the earth again"! So cute! I said " we should thank God for the rainbow"....so we did and he kept talking so I answered him and he said, mom, I'm not talking to you I'm talking to God, I said oh, sorry, and he continued and said, God, I think I am going to talk to you everyday, OK? Sometimes, he just melts my heart. Sweet boy!






7 comments:
Those pumpkin teeth are so cool! What a great job.
Great pumpkins! And nice to see that Bob hasn't lost his touch. Looks like it was a good group project. Nice to share with grandparents, right?
I love the pic. of Nick with the mums, it is to adorable! Did he have fun trick or treating?
"Sometimes" he just melts your heart?! How about all times?! Okay, I get it, you might not blog about the meltdowns, but he is cute beyond cute. I love how he's the delegator for the pumpking carving -- smart guy (who really LIKES that mushy stuff, any way?!), and those delegation skills are going to be useful later in life! That pirate pumpkin is so cute -- we were so lame this year, and if my mom hadn't stopped and picked up a pumpkin on her way to our house, we wouldn't have carved one at all! The 3 generations picture is priceless.
Can't wait to hear about the report cards. It must be so crazy to wonder what it going on all day at school -- it will be the same for us. You and I will be sharing report card stories forever since our kids won't tell us a thing! :-)
Kills me to read "went to Cincinnati" and we didn't cross paths. Ugh, ugh, ugh. Lexington should be in our plans towards the end of November for Zoe's b-day -- will be in touch mucho alot before then.
Hugs!!!
Love the pumpkin - so cool! How did Halloween go? Would love to see photos.
I put some photos and a recent Orin story up on our blog today - you wil enjoy!!
Take care
I so wish Garrett had grandparents; it looks like Nick had a great time with Atta Bob. And talk about a wickedly scary pumpkin, Nick's is just fabulous. Great job everyone.
Very cool pumpkins! Noah was very hesitant about putting his hand in the pumpkin too. :)
Post a Comment