Saturday, July 31, 2010

We are officially paper pregnant!

Well, I guess we can say that we are expecting because the dossier is OUT THE DOOR! I am so relieved to have it off my mind and the papers off the table. It seems that we have been surrounded by papers forever! We actually had less documents this time to apostille so that was one positive for the Ecuador process. Pat took the day off (it happened to be one of the cooler days in the last month or so) and watched Nick while I did some of the last minute copies and certifications. All the county clerks we have dealt with this time around have been so fast and friendly. We ate lunch at a Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives place that just aired last week called White light Diner. It was really fun. The owner was quite the character. It was almost a Dive vs. a Diner because it was soooo small but that made it all the more fun. Nick got free Ice cream so he was thrilled. BLOG ADDENDUM and/or LATE BREAKING NEWS: Pat wanted me to add that we did the Triple D double header by going to a second Triple D restaurant tonight that has yet to be shown ....JJ McBrewsters. We actually have been there before and were not overly impressed but it was good tonight and we decided that we DO like Western KY style BBQ and maybe it was just that we had not had that on our last visit....in other words, we didn't order right! Pat thought that Triple D fans would be impressed with our record and/or jealous! ;)......OK, now onto our regularly scheduled blog update: We then headed the few blocks to the Capitol building to the Sec. of States office to our friendly Apostille ladies who we have loved for 4 years now. I want to be an Apostille lady when I grow up. Wouldn't that be fun? Helping finish someone's journey to a child. I am sure they have other jobs too but they have to like that job duty the best. Another observation is that we have become regulars at the capitol and we would have to say that the non-visitor parking is always empty?? how does that work? Lots and Lots of reserved spaces, empty...hmmmm? and this is thru two different terms of Governors (one R and one D) I guess state congress is on break....alot? just sayin? Anyway, I digress. It was a beautiful day so we had to take our "journey to you" book pictures for the new one so here is our sonogram picture of sorts.....look, awwww, isn't Nick cute holding his little brother or sister! ;)
And of course, our "going to the Fed Ex" picture. When we took our FE picture for Nick's Dossier, I had a broken hand, now, I have a right "hand" man! :) Now, I know you are going to ask what happens next. I don't know. :) I emailed our coordinators to tell them the dossier was on the way and then asked the what's next question. We do know that most likely we would not be traveling til after Christmas at the earliest, most likely spring/summer.
As far as the referral, I am a little confused about when that happens now that the dossier is done. They gave us a big packet at the beginning but it is not very specific and they keep everything on need to know basis....thus, now that we "need to know", they will tell us. :) I will let you all know as soon as we do, promise. But, for now, I am so ready to not be focused on paperwork AT ALL.
ESPECIALLY because, our baby starts first grade on the 11th. We are so excited. I am certain that he has forgotten alot but should remember quickly although he has actually been using his spanish at random times and in full 3 or 4 word sentences. So fun! We found out our teacher assignments yesterday and we have so far all of our good friends in class again which is so exciting for the MOMS! ;) You hate to have to make new friends again! ;) Besides, we have our "system" down as far as class parties and such. ha! So, that's all for now but we may be updating more often if things progress as far as the referral but don't know yet. Will have first day of school pics up of course and we have STL friends coming to play for 3 days next week before school starts! yippee!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on sending off the dossier! Very exciting! I can't wait to learn more about your process. We too adopted from Kaz, then our second child was born in Ethiopia. We're considering a third and looking at various countries. Each process is so different, but it's also pretty fun. I look forward to following your journey.

Pam said...

Congrats, Karen! I am excited for you and definitely interested in learning more about the process in Equador. I'm particularly interested in your journey because my best friend and neighbor while growing up was Equadorian. Her dad was born there and his family always came to visit. As a H.S. junior I eventually "dated" one of her cousins when he spent a school year with us. He was so handsome!
Anyway, I digress! So happy for you and your family!
Best, Pam and Nicholas

Aaron and Julie said...

Congrats on the paperwork being out the door!! So excited that the wheels are fully in motion now - out of your hands and into theirs (and continuing to be in God's :) I love your capital photos :) What a journey for all of you. Can't believe first grade starts in two weeks!!

Carol said...

Sounds like a long pregnancy! Congratulations on getting off to a good start.

Mary Sue and Nick said...

Congrats, Karen & Pat on the 'dossier is on it's way!' milestone!!

Kim said...

Wooooohooooo! Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope it's twins! :)

Krescene said...

Congrats on the dossier being sent out into the universe! I also am very impressed on your Triple D x 2 experience. We did a Man vs. Food place in St. Louis, the Crown Candy Company but no Triple D yet.