Saturday, August 21, 2010

Thought I would post some pics for the grandparents and give a quick update. I loaded the pictures backwards so starting school actually happened first but nonetheless....

Everyone has commented on how tall Nick is getting so I think he must be in another growth spurt. He has been waking more at night and wanting to eat continually.......If we can get another 1/2 inch, he will be tall enough for most rides at the waterpark which will make him one happy boy! He does look rather tall and old in this pic for Gma Martha and Aunt Kelly so they can see what their most recent purchases look like. Very handsome boy!


We went to Cincinnati and Dayton last Saturday with Glenn, Karen (aka Cincy) and Max. It has become so fun because the boys actually remember each other now and have a great friendship. They are so cute together. We had a great time at the airforce museum and then dinner at Cincy's house. Below Nick is doing his best "price is right" impersonation for the McDonnell Douglas Phantom. We took this pic for Ata Bill as he retired from there when they merged with Boeing. Nick loves loves the airplanes. He says he is going to be a pilot and wants to know what war he can fight in....hopefully none! I told him that he could be a pilot for the Missionary flyers.



Max and Nick......aren't they cute. They are both practicing for a sibling. Hope they handle their new siblings as well as they handle each other.


Nick started First grade on the 11th. It was a good day. He has transitioned very well with only a few extra grumpy days which are totally to be expected after a long lazy/crazy summer. We had our breakfast at McD's with daddy and then headed to school. We were the first to arrive in the classroom. He went right to his desk and wanted to start working. We are very impressed with his new teacher. She is from Cuba. Cute as a button and very enthusiastic.





We finally heard back from our agency and our dossier was quickly sent off to Ecuador for translation and approval. They will wait for referrals which match our requirements and present us files one at a time. We got some more reading material about our travel and it made it seem a little more real. We will travel to the city of the orphanage as well as the city where our child was born ( I think that is how I understand it). We will also go to the capital also. There will be a bonding period that could be a few days to a week depending on the social worker assessment of our bonding. We will then take temp custody and then go thru court. I am simplifying somewhat so it may not go exactly like this ....but it is adoption after all! ;) It will be about 8 weeks total with one parent being able to come home if they wish after 4 weeks or so.
We really don't anticipate travel until the spring/summer and we will take Nick with us for at least part of it....we need him for translation! ha!

5 comments:

keoghclan said...

Well hello hello!

Just sat and gave myself the luxury of sitting and going through your blog for updates - summer has been crazy and I have not had time to catch all the updates on lots of blogs - that will change!!

I love hearing all your news.

Congrats (in no particular order!!)

* Nick entering grade 1 (and him doing so well!!)
* The fact your dossier is complete and out the door, you are now just waiting (and we are all with you - yours is one journey I want front row seats for!!)
* The photos are great, Nick does look tall and he is so cute with Max - glad to hear the boys recognize each other now, that will be a great friendship to nurture for them

Hope life is well and you are adjusting to your little/big Kazman being in school full days!!

mk

PS I just put some photos of our summer trips on our blog and also our royal visitor to work :-)

Adrienne said...

How great that you got to get the two boys together... a precious friendship...

Also great to hear that your adoption is progressing along...look forward to hearing all your updates...an exciting year ahead.:)

Aaron and Julie said...

Glad 1st grade is off to a great start! We had a similar conversation when we visited the air & space museum last week "mom - I want to fight with airplanes too". Um, really?? Let's go back to being an astronaut - they both make my stomach turn but one is peaceful. I hear you on a busy BSF season - I just picked up the children's stuff yesterday. Hugs!

Karen said...

Sounds like Nick is off to a great start. You're so lucky to have a translator in the family. How fun will that be?

Also can't wait to get all the boys together in October—wonder with all that energy if they'll self combust. Ha.

keoghclan said...

Hey lovey.

Had to come back and see the photos after your comment on my blog - it is hilarious isnt it how alike our boys are (or their mammies in dress sense!!)

I too wish we could go to the Kaz walk. Do you need sponsoring? Let me know as I would love to contribute in some way. I was thinking of you this weekend and wishing you lived closer so we could gab together. Our Orin has a new thing we are dealing with. Would you be up to a phone call at some stage?

Maybe we can touch base over email?

Take care.

mk