It might be easiest to go thru the pictures first and then write a post with our update next. So, here is our October/November in pictures.
I was able to go on a girls weekend away to Brown County, Indiana to celebrate a friends bday and we made a pilgrimmage to Ikea where I found this cute Chair for Nick. Notice the red one that he has his feet on....that is what he had before..... a little small! :)
A rare moment of calm which really makes us chuckle if you actually knew what happened after this picture. They were given adorable 'real' looking popcorn bags which apparently became fodder for "war" as it looked like it had snowed the next time we came down. We thought John was watching them and he thought one of us was checking on them.....ummm, so they were unsupervised for probably 30 minutes or so.......we wondered why little Max came up looking quite bewildered. I do not have the "mess" picture but it exists! :) so funny!
We took them outside as often as possible so Boys could be Boys......
We were joined by Holly and family who adopted Jon-Jon from the same baby-house as Garrett and Charlie. He had just had surgery on his legs but he was just as ready to join in the craziness! Another rare moment to catch them all in one picture. From L to R.....Max (Cincy Karen), Charlie (Anita), Jon-Jon (Holly), Nick, Garrett (MinniG Karen). Garrett and Charlie even have baby house pictures together as they were great buds even before they were adopted! So cool!
All the participants of the mom and son weekend.......in honor of our weekend, the Blue Angels did multiple fly-bys in celebration. REALLY, the did. I was in Heaven. They were so close to us and the noise was exhilirating and we all just parked outside with lawn chairs and had a fabulous time......again, with John doing the cooking! so Awesome! We had a low country boil for dinner!
I love this picture of Nick, Jon-Jon, and Max........This is one of those pics that just makes you ponder the what-ifs.....so glad God brought them all to their forever families so that they can grow up friends instead of group mates in the orphanage. And, on a not so serious note, PLEASE excuse the black socks on Nick....he had put those on so he could wear batman costume and then left them on to hurry outside.....yikes!
And, now, a little walk down history lane. This next pic is from our first visit to the zoo, a mere 2o or so days after arriving in the US. He looks like such a little squirt here......3 1/2 years ago!
October brought us our first Diorama project.....Umm, you mean parent project....seriously, Nick could have cared less. I made him go out and pick up leaves/branches and stuff. He decided which animal to use but then I ended up gluing all of it together. I did NOT like this project but at least it looked like a kid did it.....I was mortified by some of the entries the other kids brought in.....seriously, do parents not care if it shamelessly looks like the parent did the whole thing with computer generated graphics and all....really?


Of course, what Boy get together would be complete without swordplay and mayhem??
As I said before, the grandparents both came in October and we had two trips to the apple orchard/ pumpkin patch and lots of fun with beautiful weather. We always enjoy our fall visits from our folks. We had a mini family reunion/thanksgiving meal a few weeks ago with my cousins and it was great to see everyone.....AND, of course all of the good food. A country ham, cured and aged by my great uncle and cousin's husband. Amazing! It hung in their barn for a year or more......totally amazed this city girl and dietitian! ;)
On to Halloween, we spent Halloween at the zoo....above pics...sorry they got a bit out of order, and then went over to a good friends neighborhood so Nick could have someone to T or T with for some goodies and fun. Peyton was Anakin Skywalker, and Nick was Captain Invincible Surprise-man...or as we called him, Zorro! :)
We spent our Thanksgiving day as a family of 3 and Pat did his usual awesome meal. He so loves to cook the meal and I so love to let him. I made pies the night before with a friend and cooked the broccoli for our "green" and healthy item. Looking forward to leftovers today! Nick loves pumpkin pie and funny enough, eats it just like his dad. Pick it up and chow down....none of this fork stuff please! ;) Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!! 29 days til Christmas and a TX trip! :)






4 comments:
I love reading your blog because it gives me a peak into what life might be like with a boy!! It sounds like you and your guys had a fun and busy fall, so glad I could see you in person at Walk 4 Kaz. and Nick is as handsome as ever...black socks and all!! hope you guys are having a great holiday season so far. <3 Erin and Hannie
Great post Lexi. So Nick has grown 11-1/2" since he's been home? Wow, what are you feeding? LOL
Sorry we couldn't make Thanksgiving this year a feast of six. Maybe next year? I think we both needed a "mellow" Thanksgiving.
Keep up the blogging my friend. I have all but given up on mine.
ooxx
Wonderful update. So neat you are able to spend time with other Kaz moms and their boys!
Loving all of the superhero pictures!! So awesome to have kaz connections close by - the pictures of the boys together make me teary.
Post a Comment