Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The tooth is IN JAIL!









So, I am never really going to catch up on back posts but I cannot let Nick's Oral Surgery to remove an extra tooth that was growing upside down between his two front teeth. It was not an emergency but needed to come out. We had the most unbelievable chaotic path to the actual surgery but that story is for another day. I wanted to document the hilarity of Nick on drugs for today. Now I could never capture the whole mood but we pre-medicated with versed but the best way I could describe him is supermellow but talkative. The doctors that were prepping him were fun and went along with any path he was going down. We had glove balloons (super chicken as seen above) and superhero talk aplenty. When all of the docs started coming in getting him ready. He kept chastising them for not having it dark so he could sleep and the certainly weren't making it feel like home. :) They put the pulse oximeter on his finger and he was a little disturbed by it and because they were so focused on getting it on his finger, he looked over at me with a voice of concern and said "Mom, you brought me to the wrong doctors, hmmph sound, they are trying to fix my finger not my tooth." The docs were rolling.



I went out and sat with Pat for the duration of the procedure and as he woke up they called us back in. HE WAS LOOPY! When he started talking he announced with slurred drunkin speech, The Tooth is in Jail! (we had talked about the tooth being the enemy and it had to get caught by the tooth police).



But my favorite interaction of the day was when the dr. (have I mentioned that he looked like Dr. Kovatch from ER...wowza) wheeled us out to the curb to wait on Pat and the car. Nick was talking non stop from the clinic to the outside...I know, what a surprise...but we are standing there and Nick starts this interaction with him about Heaven. Nick said when I am in Heaven will you be there. The doc was kind of taken back and said yes. then Nick said where are you going to be when I get there. The doctor sweetly said, I am going to be looking for you to say hi. and then Nick said, well, I know where I'll be going, I'll be going to bow down to God!.....awww, bless a mom's heart for sure....but it was so funny because he was a little inebriated sounding too.

He was a very brave boy for sure and although it was a minor procedure, it was a major production just to get him in there and "under the influence" so we all feel so relieved that it is over and that pesky little upside down tooth can bother us no more.




Adoption Update: none really except we may be thinking about switching countries in Sept when all of our immigration stuff expires....we will let you know! :)





e are all going to SC this weekend to celebrate a birthday (Garrett's) with my dear Kaz friends. It should be so fun but we ready to stay off the road for awhile. Florida and Wisconsin within one month is some serious car miles. oy! Hopefully, I can do a disney post one of these days. We had a great time and Nick really enjoyed the mouse house!

6 comments:

keoghclan said...

Hey there. Oh so so cute. I love the Kazmanian
Devil story. Good for u Nick. I had dental surgery last year n I don't think I was as brave! ( tho I too was 'loopy' from
Laughing gas! When I went foe the follow up the nurse told me I gave her some gr8 recommendations for booze!

Take care girl. We r off to NC next week. Any
Chance of you coming to Canada for a road trip?
:-)

Anonymous said...

Hilarious story! Love it! Glad the procedure went well and is over. What a brave boy! Just saw your post about this on fb and I'm catching up on blogs tonight. :)

Lisa Johnson

minime0910 said...

Do you watch Ellen? She has people on the show all the time that have videoed themselves all loopy before/after dental surgery...did you video him?! You could be famous!!! Have fun in the SC this weekend :-) XOXO Erin and Hannah

Aaron and Julie said...

Nick - you are awesome. What a trooper. Brave kiddo!!

I've given up catching up on blog posts, too.

Praying for your adoption and the roads that it leads to.

Carol said...

Hi-
Glad to have you back online!! Great story - what a trooper that Nick is.
Lots of love to all of you.

Vonda Kaye said...

Hey, Karen! Now that school is in, I've had fun catching up with your blog. You made me laugh & cry in a span of 2 minutes! Thanks for sharing the hilarious and sweet moments of your family life. Nick IS growing up... and brilliantly!