Monday, June 4, 2007

Lots of firsts!


I couldn't wait to get up on my Cousin's tractor.......seat belt on first, of course!

I loved this BIG tractor!

My second swimming experience.....the bigger the splash, the better!

The big fish and little fish having some fun!

We attended our home study agencies big summer picnic and met Kole, another adorable Kazak boy who came home while we were in Kazakhstan. He is even from the same region as Nick. He is showing Nick pictures of his journey to a new family!

No slide is too steep or too tall for the Kazmanian devil!

Papa and Nick enjoying the picnic ....... we sat proudly in front of the Kazak flag!

A true Kazak horseman.....His first "horse" pony ride. He rode them at least 5 times and sadly watched as they got in their trailer and went home.

Nick's first adventure into a bouncing blow-up thing.....

This was actually Nick's first swim experience at the house where I was a nanny. Nick loved playing with the kids and watching them jump of the diving board....and of course he wanted to try and did......he is going to be a fish like his papa!
They had a slide that he tried also......
Nothing but grins as I try out this new thing called swimming.
____________________________________________________
As you can see Nick is trying all kinds of new things this summer and loves them all. I can't think of anything that he has tried that he hasn't liked except vegetables......typical!
He continues to get more and more comfortable in his new home and has had several friends over this last week and played with the water toy. He has also started saying his name which is so cute. He is still Mama's boy and Papa's boy most of the time. His new favorite thing to do is ride his little fire engine around the house and when he comes over to you, he says Nick's home, Woo, Hoo! and he does his hands in the air to celebrate ( I always say woo, hoo, raise it to the roof....) We just crack up every time so of course he does it often. His variations of words keep us guessing but we have learned that Ela-ba-ba is elavator, ta-pa-pa is telephone, e-pa-tant is elephant and so on....and he is saying all of his friends names but they actually sound fairly close to the real thing. I think he is going to be a prayer warrior because he loves to put his hands together and then he will say MAMA! or PAPA! and want us to say a prayer. He rarely lets us forget at meals and even naptime. Sometimes just randomly does it......I guess he gets the scripture that says pray without ceasing more than his parents do at times! Hope everyone's summer has started out great. We are having a great time watching our boy groove into being a son. More pics soon.....love to all, K-Pat and Nick

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fun pictures. We love to get them. Zach wants to ride that BIG tractor with you Nick at counsin Susan's house. He thinks that is cool. Hopefully, soon we will be back to do some fun things. Miss you all bunches.
Kelly & Family

Susan said...

What cute pictures. I'm so glad you guys came out and that nick had fun. Hope it's not too long before you come again. We may even have grass by then.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know tractors had seat belts...You need to bring that little booger out here so he can ride my horse.

keoghclan said...

Back at work now after my parental leave so I have not had a chance to look at your BLOG for a while! Well I just had my Nick fix!!! There is something about that little boythat is so special.......you can see his personality come to life and I love it!! What a lovely family you make........and we love the 'Kazmanian devil' handle.....hope you don't mind but we have started using it here in Toronto for our Kaz cutie - it fits perfectly!!

Cheers.

The Keogh's in Toronto.