He found this piece of our leaf blower and said "TUBA" like on the Veggie Tales introductory song. He likes to play it to the song. He will play the tuba part that Larry the Cucumber does and then wants you to sing the Bob the tomato part. Then he wants to switch. Our goal is to get this on video so we can share it with everyone. I think he is so musical and this proves it.
Our next invention is the mini "GIANT" crane. We have so much construction going on in the city that he has fallen in love with Cranes. He had a drink from Sonic one day and took his head band off of his glases and stuck it in the straw and said "mama, Giant crane" I love his vision for what things could be.......I am thinking definitely Engineer, Architect, Researcher, Teacher, Preacher.....well, I guess this trait would be good in any field if allowed to use it, huh?
OK, this one is kind of mama's imagination but I love that he can go with it. We did try and find a mini leaf blower at the Toys R us but they didn't have one so I said "who needs it". We can make our own. Pat laughed because he knew I would find a way.....and I did. Turned out pretty well and Nick was totally happy with his "leaf blower" like daddy's. And, we put it to work immediately!
And, the way to end all leaf gathering activity......JUMP! Well, he looks cute here but actually he busted out crying. He just could not understand why we would do this. We kept explaining to him that you were supposed to do this and that it was FUN! I had one of those "lesson" moments when I realized that my little boy was still learning how to have fun and what playing and being silly was all about. It made me realize how important it is for parents to teach their children how to have fun..... how to play. We do not autimatically know it unless we learn it from watching others. I hope that we can spend many days teaching Nick how to laugh and be silly and to have FUN! I sometimes shake under the pressure of all that we have to model or imitate for Nick to learn......He watches it all and is a fast learner. We just have to make sure that we reflect the ONE that we want him to learn about and to be like....what a big but awesome responsibility. Do we reflect God's Love? Do we reflect God's Forgiveness? Do we reflect the Light and Joy that has been given to us? Will Nick and others see that being a Christ-follower is everything to us and decide to take the leap and enjoy the journey with us?
We hope that as he decided that the leaves were FUN, FUN so will he also join us on this journey called the Christian life.....scary and unknown at first but well worth the risk and surrender to the JOY and FUN!
We are going out today to try and take some fun fall pictures with our friends d'Art, Dana, and Emma. Hopefully we will have some fun photos to share of the beautiful trees and equally beautiful kazmaniac! Love to all!






1 comment:
Thanks Karen for that great lesson. I needed to hear that! I remember once as describing myself as "not the FUN nanny" but as the "teacher nanny". I do think learning is fun but I need to lighten up a little myself -- especially since I forgot playgroup at your house Friday! I was way to stressed out about work. And since I was in Children's for BSF I didn't get to catch up with you all then either for my reminder! I won't be at BSF Wednesday because I am teaching that morning. Ya'll have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Talk to you soon, akml
Post a Comment