Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Independance Day (year 2)

Our Yearly pilgrimage north has begun and we were greeted with a nippy 60 degree weekend but the sun has come out and beauty surrounds us in the high 70's and 80's. Nick was so "cited" to be headed to the Lake. All he wanted to do was get on the lake with Ata Bob and go "super fast". We started the vacation of with Baby Colin's baptism which was very nice and what a super cutie he is and he was very well behaved for the service.
We got the boat out Sunday night and Nick wanted to have the boat at full throttle all the time. I am so worried about him now........how will we ever survive the teen years? ha!

Since it was a bit chilly, we did not get out to the Lake to actually swim until yesterday and I have no pictures because Nick proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs while standing in the water as it was apparently "ooky" and too "swampy". He wanted out and although we did get him to ride around with Dakota and Daddy in their rafts, we could not get him to do anything in the water. We will continue to re-introduce Nick to the Ooky water! He saw skiers and tubers going by and said he wanted to do that instead......oh my!

We did not make it out to the lake today because we had some alternate activities planned. We took Nick for his first Go-Cart ride and he loved it, of course! I think the conversations went something like this.......
"Hey Dad, Can we let 'r loose around the 3rd turn and then attempt to pass Dakota on the inside? Yes Son, of course, but just Nod and smile and your mom won't know what we have planned!"
OK, Dad......just Nod and Smile............love you mom, hugs, kisses.....nothing going on here......
Go Dad, Go Dad! We almost have him! Faster, Faster!................................


Back at the garage, Oldest Grandchild and Middle grandchild trying to pass on the sage advice of Second Son.......OK, Colin, little dude, he said if we just smile and Nod, we can get away with anything because they won't know what we have planned........the Kitzman boys can't be slowed down....watch out, watch out!
Next episode, will older grandchild show middle grandchild how to defy gravity and spin effortlessly above the water while above mentioned boat is at full throttle and will youngest grandchild single-handedly charm the socks off all the women in Rhinelander?.......stay tuned for more episodes of "As the hair turns Gray!"

3 comments:

Julie, Tim, and Peyton said...

I'm so glad you guys are having a good time up north. I hope the ookey water becomes his best friend after a while. I'm sure it won't take long as much as he loves the pool. You ARE going to have your hands full with the speedy teenager. Ha! Our little fellas will keep us young and on our toes. Don't worry, we will all get through it together. Bunco will become even more important in the later years as we all sit around trying to solve the problems of the wild boys. Let me know when you get home and I will take a day off for a play date. Peyton was asking for brother Nick all day one day.

Kristina said...

Yeah for the update! As much as I love reading and looking at other blogs, it is a chore to do my own. What a risk taker your son is, we better start praying now!

It was so sweet the next day after Libby's party, she was writing her thank you notes and said "I love Nick" and something else I can't remember at the moment but again it was about Nick. Today we got out the sidewalk paint and loved it. I sat on the front porch and read my Bible while she played contentedly in the driveway.

You all enjoy the rest of your time up north. Today's weather is just right but not sure for how much longer! K

Aaron and Julie said...

Go-carts, huh? The need for speed continues!!