Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's a PIRATE'S life for me!

As legend has it, every few years the ghost of Jean Lafoote, the peg-legged pirate
returns to leave a map to guide another generation of Kitzman pirates to their portion
of the stolen treasures from the isle of Dol Larstore!



Pirate Stinky Pete McGillicutty prepares his crew!




Ahoy, mates, the isle is ahead......Heave, HO! or as the alter ego, speed racer would say.....start your engines!



We set foot on the isle and began the search. First mate to the Captain, Auntie Rhino was close behind!


Look! "X" marks the spot!



Captain orders 2nd mate, Paddy Boy, to Dig, Scaliwag, Dig!


Captain, I think we got something!!





Treasure! Treasure!






Mates, Back to the boat! I see Pirate Seadoo''s ship approaching......Raise the motor, Push Back.....GO!GO!

Pirate Stinky Pete and Crew returned safely to the Island of Sodor (I know, I know....another story....but he is convinced that it is on the other side of the lake!)



We hope you all have a "Booty"ful Fourth of July and a great time "treasuring" all of the blessings of being an American!
Pat, Karen, and Stinky Pete

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Buried treasure! How cool! Looks like a lot of fun. Happy 4th!

Kristina said...

How fun! Has he seen "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything?" Libby loves that movie but I don't know when it comes out on video. Will you be back for Bunco? If so, see you then. If you get back earlier, let's get together for a playdate. K

Carol said...

Great blog! I would have loved to join that treasure hunt! Nick is going to have such great memories of summers with the grandparents in the North. It is wonderful that you all can be together, so the boys have a chance to bond.
Thanks for including Tracey and Colin on the previous blog and tell Tracey she's behind on getting new pictures posted!
Carol