We had an awesome visit with Aunt Tracey (Pat's sister) and Cousin Colin. Colin had grown alot since July and had the greatest laugh ever. He chuckled all of the time. Nick loved him and patted his head often. It was so cute. He always wanted to hold him and wanted Colin to "come play pirates with me bud!" Nick doesn't quite get the whole age difference thing....so sweet!
I love this pajama picture of the boys...I want to crop it and get a close up of them when I get it developed....my arm doesn't add much to the pic! ha!
We had a beautiful late fall this year and the leaves are everywhere. Nick loved jumping into the piles this year...big change from last year with the screams and crying!
The Front yard Pile!
Pat is teaching Nick the finer details of pizza making because after all this is how he caught his awesome wife......a man that makes pizza is irresistible! This you must learn my son! :)
We have been having the attack of the Sinus Monster and I finally had to get on some high powered antibiotics and besides an irritating cough, my voice has returned and I am starting to feel normal again. Pat is trying to keep ahead of his before it gets too bad and Nick has stayed relatively healthy all year......thank goodness! He had a rough few weeks in the middle of November but has cycled out of it and is back to his extremely sweet and hilarious self. We missed him.....alot! We just wish we could predict what causes him to regress at times....you never know what triggers him but I do know that a good schedule and consistent discipline and love bring him out so that is our usual go to therapy...... I think the holidays with school disrupted and such cause some of the upset but you just never know.....breaks your heart and exhausts you all at the same time! I am so thankful for my bloggamommy friends who have also adopted.....we get each other thru the hard days and celebrate the great ones together!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!






6 comments:
What great pictures!!!
What cute pictures! We are trying to get Nicholas to say Merry Christmas, but at this point all he says is merry, Andy keeps working with him so maybe by Christmas??
Ahhhh, the memory of leaf piles!!! I loved them, but they were deadly for my allergies. Still, who can avoid the temptation to jump!
Good to see the close-ups of Colin. I hope the boys can develop a close relationship. Sounds like Nick is certainly doing his part!
You should tape those wonderful songs, as you will not remember ten years from now. My father always said about me, "She doesn't sing good, but she sings loud"!
Enjoy - Love, Carol
I know you've helped me out immensely—so a BIG thank you blog buddy.
Such cute pictures, sure looks like Nicholas loves his baby cousin. So sweet. I also love that every other line is Merry Christmas. Garrett and I share birthdays in July, so he's constantly singing Happy Birthday Mommy, Happy Birthday Garrett. He usually does it when I come home from work. (He's also like to wave his mini Kazakh flag at the same time—go figure.)
Leaves, pizza—all abundant at my house. It must be a Karen thing. LOL
Great photos! Looks like Nick likes to help in the kitchen as much as Milo does.
We had a late fall, being down south, and still need to rake our leaves to even see if Milo will enjoy jumping in the pile. (Can't seem to get to it.) Something tells me he will love it!
Happy holidays to you and your adorable family!
My boys make pizza too - isn't it fabulous!!
Leaf piles, what are those ;)
You are right - consistent discipline, schedules & love help break the cycles. I just noticed serious regression in some of Ben's behavior and I'm afraid it might be some time before we learn what normal is again... But then again, we might have just hit the 'trying 3's' (even though he is nearly 4) and just have to get through it :)
Post a Comment