Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day! Daddy

A note to the best husband and dad in the world.....







Daddy, I remember the first time we met and I was not too sure about you. You were patient and funny but gave me my space. I slowly learned to trust you and let you hold me especially if it was to look outside at the birds and Machinas. Mom says she still won't erase this picture from her camera memory.





Our first walks together in Kazakhstan were a bit chilly but you were excited to show me trees and dirt and the "outdoors".





When we got home to America, there was nothing that you wouldn't do to show me a good time and a big laugh.





Daddy, you invented our nighttime routine that we still follow 2 years later with a few enhancements...the bedtime polka!






You always choose to be my airplane, camping, bus, or car buddy even though you are probably tired and weary from working all day.


You are always excited to see me when I come visit you at work and make me feel like you were waiting just for me to come!





You are not afraid to look silly (mom says that is normal for you) with me and would do just about anything to get me to smile.



You always read me books and answer all my questions even if I need to ask you "a lot of them"!



You always take time to give me a hug and are never too busy to give me the MOON TICKLE!


You go over and under to help me chase the bad guys, walk the plank, climb the mountain, or put out the fire and rescue the people.


You help mommy teach me about Jesus and love to read me bible stories about Noah and Jonah and Daniel over and over and over again.



You love to teach me family traditions and show me what being a Kitzman is all about.

You take time to teach me about Man things....Da Packers and Da Bratwurst!


But, my favorite thing is when you hug me tight and say "I love you my Son!"

God sure knew what He was doing when He gave me you as a dad.
I love you daddy, a bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love, "Pirate Nicholas Stinker Toots Mcgillacuddy"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweetie, You only have to look at those pictures and see what a great dad you have become. As many days as we feel inadequate and overwhelmed, there are that many more plus a million that you bring pure joy to our son and me. The extra effort you make to always have time for us is truly a treasure to me. The sound of you boys laughing together is more valuable than any material thing. Thank you for becoming a parent with me. By far, the hardest thing we have ever done up to this point but exponentially more rewarding than anything we will probably ever do....Thanks for being my great adventure buddy! Wouldn't want to do life (the good, the bad, and the ugly) with anyone else but you! YOU are my sunshine, my only sunshine.....
Happy Valentine's Day!
Love, Da Wife

8 comments:

Kim said...

How sweet! Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day. And I do think you need to video the "Bedtime Polka" and share. :)

keoghclan said...

Okay.....sitting here like a wimp crying at the photos and your blog. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Happy Valentines Day lovey. I am sure your boys feel very lucky to have you as their valentine!

....mk

PS I will send you a note over the weekend (when I stop snivelling!!!))

Jody and Rich said...

What a beautiful Valentine to Daddy!! And happy 2nd year anniversary. I can't believe it's already been 2 years since I got addicted to your blog while you were in Kaz--I well remember reading about your nightmare trip. At least you can now look back at it and laugh. Boy, time flies. Hope you guys had a great Valentines Day.
Jody

junglemama said...

Happy Valentine's Day! What an awesome husband you have!

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen...you are blessed indeed with a wonderful husband and a beautiful son. But remember that a wife such as yourself is beyond that of a most precious jewel and treasure!

Joanne & Andy said...

Happy 2nd anniversary!! What a beautiful tribute to your husband and Nick's Dad!! Love the pics.

Karen said...

What a wonderful post and tribute to an amazing husband and father. I love how you illustrated each point with a picture.

Happy Valentine's Day to you too Karen—a great wife and mother to Patrick and Nick.

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

I'm boo-hoo-hooing over this post. It is so beautiful, and the accompanying photos could not be better.

Why do you insist on setting the blog bar so high?! You know I am buckling from the pressure. :-)

Can't wait to see you all this weekend!!! Max is practicing his "SURPRISE!!!"