Just thought I would throw some pictures up from Halloween for the family. We have not had our assessment meeting with the OT with her results so I thought I would hold off on journaling until we get that report.
Nick went back and forth between being a Jedi or Darth.....it was good vs. bad for most of October. So since we were able to go to another occasion at a local park, he got to be both.....kind of like Anakin and Darth! ;)
There were games and a cool hiking trail that had characters dressed up at various points. Nick loved it! He did the trick or treat trail with his sweet cheetah girl, Emma.
And then......the dark side took over for halloween eve. My parents were in town so they stayed and gave out candy while we toured the neighborhood.
Daddy was resident Sherpa and padawan? (sp?) ...... the Darth helmet made all the noises and breathing and such....so cool. We had this bratty kid that happened upon us and was mad at Nick because they had similar outfits. Nick was so excited that someone matched him but this kid kept heckling him and saying ugly things. The kid's sister even tried to get him to be quiet...all the mom said was "use your manners"? How about use some DISCIPLINE and take the brat home. Nick would have been home immediately if he would have continued to act like this boy. We tried so hard to get away but they kept catching up. Nick just couldn't understand why the boy kept saying stuff and was mad. I thought Pat was going to smack him with the light saber.....yeah, the kid with the big mouth didn't even have a light saber....I had to control my "NIck looks cooler than you do" attitude. Had to show Nick how God would want us to act....boy is that hard sometimes. I'm not sure if I am ready for this whole unkind kid thing as he gets older. Nick call them "Bowlies"....so funny. At first, we didn't know what he was talking about but then he said his counselor came to their class to talk about Bowlies (bullies!) :)
OUR VERY COOL and VERY NICE DARTH VADER!






4 comments:
I love the split personality costumes :) The Jedi is my favorite, though :) Maybe not as high tech as Darth, but we get to see a sweet face!! I'm excited about February too!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Sounds like you all had a fun time trick or treating! To bad some little brat had to spoil your fun. My kids would have been taken right home if they acted like that.
Nick handled that "bowlie" very well ( a lesson for all of us). Love that he got to be both good and bad. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Unfortunately, Garrett missed Halloween this year due to the move, so I've got lots of catch-up to do next year. :-)
Hi there. Love the updates. The outfits are great on Nick. I like both of them and the fact he was able to wear both is neat also.
That other kid - oh missus you will come up against lots of them unfortunately. With our Ash (grade 4) we started in grade 2 with a little witch who was just horrible to a lot of the other grade 2 girls (dictated what they should wear/say so they could be part of her gang) Now in grade 4 we are going through it again. For us it is all been about teaching Ash the right thing to do (walk away) but also not be a walk over - the ability to make her mind up on her own as to who she wants to be friends with (without following the crowd) also standing up for herself(without being rude!!) more or less taking the high road....this from a Mam who has wanted to on more than one occasion go to the school and 'take on' the child in question for being mean to my little babe!! Not easy Karen but I believe that if you teach kids what is right in life they will eventually get it...it takes many reminders (and yes keeping your mouth shut!!) I have slipped a couple of times....one day at the school I was spitting mad when the main offender in grade 4 came upto me and Ash and was all over Ash - so I turned around and said oh so YOU are E? I have heard ALL about you! Are you not the girl who hid Ashy's cords yesterday as a joke after swimming and ended up with detention? she just stopped smiling at me, scowled and walked away!! Did I feel guilty - not a little :-)
Another big learning is that other parents DO NOT parent their kids like we do ours. One of my biggest mortifications is hearing/seeing my kids act not nicely to other kids (trust me very mild compared to what other kids do to them) but I have long since witnessed other parents just smile and laugh at their little kids as they are horrible to kids in front of their parents!! Twits!!
Anyway as you can see this is a subject that gets my Irish up!!!!
You will get it right and will deal with other little monsters - you will be shown the way. The best advice I can give you is be consistent in your beliefs and always follow your instinct.
Cheers
Post a Comment