This was a great day to celebrate being a new mother.......watching my 3 boys play in the yard on a beautiful spring day!
Papa is a great horse!
smiles and laughter....doesn't get much better than that!
We visited Great, Great Uncle Jub and Aunt Wanda for a Kentucky brunch of country ham and iron skillet biscuits....yum, yum.....Nick tried his first Country Ham!
Nick showing off his handiwork.....Great, Great Aunt Wanda was impressed with his dish washing skills!
Our little worker bee helping out after brunch!
He was pretending to iron Aunt Wanda's placemats with her massage bug........
Mama look it is another airplane....I love them....lucky we live in the flight path for the airport and the hospitals....lots of airplanes and helicopters..... our boy loves his skybirds.......can't wait to take him to an airshow!
His other favorite.....Ice Cream!
The smile that will melt your heart!
The most handsome boys in the world......inside an old, old tree at the arboretum.
-----------------------
What a great day with my family! I get to start off this next phase in life with a great weekend with my boys. It will be interesting to see how we groove into the stay-at-home routine. I look forward to taking some morning walks for exercise and lots of playdates with all of our friends! I feel so blessed to have the ability to stay home and get to know this little sweet boy that we have brought all the way from Kaz to live with us. I pondered over motherhood all day and still can't say I understand all that has happened to us in the last 9 months since we started this process but I know that God's hand was over all that we encountered and each new day assures us more that Nick was exactly the boy for us. I have decided that the greatest thing about being a mother so far is just watching him get to know all his family and friends......but most of all watching him play with Papa. It is such a joyful feeling to just sit back and watch the man you love more than anything pour himself into this new little person that you are learning to love more each day.....it is at best, indescribable. I so enjoyed introducing him to more of his relatives today.....we also drove by Papa Carmon's house and will one day stop and take pictures at Nick's namesakes garden so he can start to understand what a wonderful man he is named after. As a new mother, I can't help but think of my own mother and mother-in-law. Pat and I are so lucky to have been raised by these women. We look forward to spending many vacations with our parents, Nick's grandparents and will be better parents because of what we observed and absorbed over the years from our families. I do wish that Nick could have met all of his great-grandmothers.....they would have been crazy about his smile and hugs.......but we look forward to seeing Great Grandma Norma at Erin's wedding. We bet she can give out hugs and kisses for all of the other ones that are not with us anymore. We hope all of the moms out there have a great day and we should all be thankful for the little ones that God has given us to cherish and love. Love to all, K-Pat and Nick






1 comment:
He's getting to be such a little ham! What a cutie pie, can't wait to meet him and Karen.
Sarah
Post a Comment