Friday, August 24, 2007

More birthdays!


Happy Birthday Great-Grandma Norma!
We really have a card for you but like everyone else's card this year....it's late.
Happy Birthday also to Great Aunt Carol! Glad to hear you made it safe to the Homeland. Now you need to do a blog so we can keep up with you! Give Saul, Shifra and the kids our love!
Sorry, I can't find a picture of you in our files. I missed so many picture opportunites at the wedding. Someone was distracting me, I wonder who?
Nick and Pat had boys night tonight. They took the new wagon out for a spin. Pat said it was a huge hit. I had the privilege of going to my first movie since becoming a mother. Wow! We went to see the Nannie Diaries.....pretty good chick flick although I don't think it was really like my nannie experience at all..... but I sure enjoyed the company, Thanks Girls!. We have one of those new Movie Taverns where you can watch the movie and eat too. I still had the staple popcorn and soda but think it might be a fun night for a "date" in the future. They had a full menu, waiters and everything and it really didn't disturb the movie. Thanks to my sweet husband for giving me a breather!
Thanks also to Shannon for having a bunch of Toddlers at her house for some elementary Spanish. Each week we sing songs and try to learn a new color and a new animal.They were hilariously loud today. I almost didn't go today because Nick just hasn't been very interested and quite distracting but I went for me and wouldn't you know it, he did much better today with a small change in venue (less toys in his immediate viewing area! --thanks, Shannon! ) I am finding that toddler moms probably need "talk/chat"time with other toddler moms more than any other group. I personally need to know that other moms think their children act like aliens at times, they sometimes feel like crying all day, and may feel inadequate in most ways just like me. It is a relief and a breath of fresh air at the end of the week. So, Shannon, thanks for teaching us spanish and allowing us to feel normal if but for just a moment. ps. I was explaining and singing the juanito song for Pat tonight and Nick all of the sudden belted out the Baila, Baila, Baila part. Cracked me up! They are learning even amongst the chaos :)
Have a good weekend everyone! K-Pat and Nick

1 comment:

Shannon Sampson said...

hooray! glad to hear that Nick remembered "Baila Baila Baila." Today Lauren Clay was playing with her little people and when she pulled out the elephant, she squealed, "elefante!"
Thanks for your comments on my latest blog. It IS helpful to know that we're not the only ones struggling with the nighttime routine. I didn't mention on the blog that Lauren Clay twice climbed over the baby gate we put at the door (I have no idea how because she had nothing to hoist her up.) I also didn't write that she was in our bed when we woke up this morning. I usually hear her get in and put her back in the bed, but not last night. I figure we'll get the bedtime stuff in place, then we'll tackle the next hurdle. Thanks for your encouraging comments on our blog! Oh, and your latest blog had me laughing out loud... loved the microphone!