I can't imagine why Amigo follows Nick around all of the time.....hmm, could it be that Nick likes sharing his snacks......one for me, one for you, a fist full for me, a fist full for you........
Nick's new game with Papa this week was Airplane rides. Pat said he was exhausted trying to think of places to go. Nick had to have his special airplane hat and the pillow is the steering wheel. He also made sure that his Kazakh play airplane was on the ride in the middle. His other new game is BIG cave. The alcove at the top of our stairs is usually dark and we have been reading "Going on a Bear Hunt" so now we have to go up to the caves (his bedroom and our bedroom) ...it is so funny...his expressions are priceless.
We had our first school carnival this last weekend. We had to "volunteer" for a booth so we chose the putting green ( a Kitzman favorite). We were the last shift so were hoping to do all of the other booths before our time. Nick did not get the wait in line concept at all. I think it was all a bit overwhelming for his little mind. So, Nick and mama spent some time in the car just watching. We did go help papa towards the end and one good thing did come out of it all.....we could not hold him back from wanting to run and say hi to his teacher and give her a hug....that was worth all of the craziness.
Our new dvd/daytime cartoon obsession is The Backyardigans......this show equals the Little Einsteins creativity which I love so much....They are like Broadway in a cartoon and not only that, they also got some groove goin' on. He loves all of the singing and it is the first cartoon that I have heard him spontaneously laugh and giggle. I love that sound.....he gets so tickled at Pablo the bird. When I was a nanny, one of my favorite things was to sit next to the kids during a movie and hear them giggle.....children's laughter is so infectious. I love being able to experience that again with my own child.
We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the grandparents in October. Nick likes to say hi and sometimes a little more on the phone but we are excited for everyone to see how much he has changed even in a few months. Hope everybody's September ends up well....cooler and more harvest feeling for all!






2 comments:
Hi Karen,
I just got caught up on your blog, as I've been behind. I can't get over how big is getting--he's looking like a little man. Thank you so much for all the sweet comments you've left on our blog, especially while we were in Russia.
It really does make being away easier!! Bring Nick up to see me sometime when you are over this way.
Love,
Jody
Your son is adorable. I plan to go and read through all of your blog soon. Thanks for checking in ay my blog. If you ever want to talk/e-mail about adoption stuff... e-mail me campgirdwood@yahoo.com
Blessings!
Post a Comment