Sunday, October 7, 2007

Help is on the way!



Amidst the Chaos, It does my heart good to see all my boys hanging out together!



This is not a great picture but it was an attempt to get all of our adoption support group together for a play date of sorts.....unfortunately, 90 degree weather, direct, pounding sun, and no nap did not give us a fabulous time at the orchard but we keep trying to do these "family" things....now if the weather would just cooperate....sweating in the fall is my idea of cruel and unusual punishment....it is just NOT RIGHT!



How cute is our boy? He is getting so big looking....much closer to 4 than 3 now. I think he has grown almost 2 inches since we came home. Amazing! The Rocker is my sister's...so cute and he likes to sit it between our two chairs so he can be like us!



This picture mainly cracks me up because our Pastor preached on men today and made a comment on how men love khakis because everything matches with Khaki.....notice what my men had on today at church....funny!



We are so happy that the next 3 weeks will be filled with family and friends from afar! Mom and Dad show up tomorrow for a few weeks. During this time some Tx friends will be coming thru to meet Nick then our Finale will be Pat's parents coming at the end of October. I am so excited to have them all coming to help with some little projects that are just harder now with the Kazman plus I just can't wait for them to hear all of the funny things that Nick says and see all the crazy things that he does. It is not something that we can catch in photos and phone calls.


Nick's latest interests are stoplights.....mainly, because he is so impatient with them. We have taught him that Red means stop and Green means GO. He now seems to better understand the way it all works and even knows what stopsigns are all about......sometimes he gets a bit mixed up and will say signstop......he does this with some other words so maybe it has something to do with language acquisition... who knows but it is so cute!


He is also starting to learn songs and phrases from books. We were driving to school the other day and I always listen to my David Phelps CD (former tenor for the Gaither Vocal Band)...think Christian Josh Groban..... David can belt out some ballads and one song says No more Night, No more Pain.....and the No more night part is big and loud....so Nick just starts singing with him....NO MO NIGH ! with such expression that I about had to pull over from laughing! Priceless!!!! I am hoping we can figure out how to post some of that on site. He likes to use some of his Russian words still which I encourage. His Russian book has a little game to find the duck on each page and he loves to yell "find the Oootka" and he likes to call his bed, a "kravat", and we have still never given up "Va-Nah" for bath. He has been the polite boy extreme for the last few weeks and every thing that we do for him or get him is met with a Thanka-welcome, mama, Thanka-welcome, papa.....it is again so cute! He is also counting to 10 on a fairly consistant basis......preschool is definitely moving this along. His favorite video right now is Super Spy backyardigans. He loves the Lady in Pink and her torture table which is the "tickle table". I just love to watch him learn more and more......He even saw bars of music in a book last night and said "music!" ...... gotta thank Little Einsteins for that one. I can't wait until he can take music classes someday. He loves books, Music, Trucks, Airplanes, Diggers, stirring his Chocolate milk, and washing the dishes.........I think I have a Renaissance man in the making! Yeah!


I probably spend too much time reading blogs from other adoptive families but they are strangely therapeutic for me.....I don't feel so alone with my crazy thoughts. I found this map of Kaz on one of the sights today and thought I would share it with you all since I have never quite found one that shows where Nick came from.....smack dab in the middle of nowhere Kazakhstan. It is spelled Dzhezkazgan on this map but we also spell it Zhezkazgan. Remember that Kaz is almost 4 times the size of Texas...this is one big country...and just picture it with Russia on the left and above with China to the right and a bunch of 'stans below as well as Turkey. Click on the picture to read the cities. We are in the orange section "karaganda region". We spent the last 2 1/2 weeks in Almaty which is towards the bottom of the map. Happy Geography lesson! ;)


Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

junglemama said...

Oh, your little boy is adorable. I'm you can tell I'm partial to little boys with glasses. :) Can I add you to my blogroll?

Kristina said...

Thanks for showing us where you spent half (ok one-third) of this year! Have you all watched Super Why on KET? Since we don't have tv (yet) here, I went online and found an episode -- it was even better than watching it on tv, because she was pointing to the letters, so cute. Great new show for their age. We'll miss you tomorrow at Spanish but hope you won't skip out every week that family is visiting (since that is the whole month!) I guess I will see just you at Bunco -- ttfn, akml