Wednesday, we took our Texas guests to Hall's on the River. It was a nice drive and equally nice meal. Nick did great but he has discovered the joys of Ata Bill's Suburban which has a really great DVD system......boy, that makes a long ride much easier!
Saturday evening, My good friend from St. Louis and her family joined us for dinner and then an impromptu sleep-over as they (and we) did not realize that they would be trying to find a hotel when all of Louisiana and the Keeneland crowds were bedding down here also! Christine and I have been friends since about 6th grade which is a really long time ago......boy, I feel old especially after I calculated how many years that is.....Time flys when you are having fun?
They are travelling south and stopped to meet Nick. They have a 5 year old son who was the best partner in crime for Nick and they had a blast playing!
Boys will be Boys! They discovered that you could both ride the Little tikes car with a little creativity .......Nick's Turn!
Now, Kaden's turn!
Kaden is already reading so I told Nick to use that to his advantage and so we could rest! ;)
We still have another whole week with my parents and more projects. This week we have to finally pick a roofer for our new roof (remember the leak) and now we have another leak under our shower into the basement so that will require a plumber visit and possibly a big hole in our ceiling in the wash room......oh well, it could be worse and be somewhere that would be an eyesore. We have a family reunion and a Kazakh friends party at the end of the week so more friends and family to come!
We hope everyone has a great week and GO Wildcats! What a game!
Love to all, K-Pat and Nick






1 comment:
You guys sound so wonderfully busy, and Nick looks like he has completely adjusted. Good job!! I think it may take me longer to adjust here. I cannot imagine how a little guy with minimal language skills comes to terms with the enormous changes he went through.
Keep up the blogs - I enjoy staying in touch through them.
Great Aunt, Carol
Post a Comment