Saturday, October 20, 2007
6 months ago today!
6 months ago today at about this exact time (1045p), Nick and I were landing in Lexington to see our family and friends for the first time for Nick and the first time in 10 weeks for me. I know Nick's view of the world has changed dramatically but so has ours. I think often of Kaz and the extended journey that we had there. I don't miss the food but I do miss the simplicity of every day life. As I have told my friends here, I miss being "Hearty". I miss walking everywhere, climbing 6 flights of stairs with a load of groceries, living very simply with even more simple accomodations, and using my limited Russian and even more limited Kazak to communicate. I have to admit being a new parent has challenged and pushed me just as much but I wouldn't describe it as feeling "hearty" but mostly "weary". Being a career woman for 15 plus years and single for most of those makes for an uphill transition and quite frankly, Nick just makes us tired! His energy is unending and his strong will sometimes equally unending. It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for me from the beginning. It is amazing still how just one smile or funny comment can get you thru the day like a really good vitamin or Starbuck's buzz. Most days I cannot even discuss adoption without crying but I have accepted that this is OK and it just shows how deep the emotions go when talking about our journey to and with Nick. I can't imagine how Nick will change in the next 6 months considering how different he is from Nurik in Kaz but I will be hopping back on that roller coaster bright and early tomorrow morning and holding on tight with God's help and, hopefully, a sense of humor and a big hug from the cutest little Kazmaniac around! Nick, Mama and Papa love you a bushel and a peck, and a hug around the neck! Thank you for all you have brought and will continue to bring to our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Good for a cry! 6 mos! WOW -- seems like yesterday but then again it does seem like a long time ago. We missed everyone for Spanish but I got some cleaning done. Will I see you at Carrie's Thursday night? akml
Nick is so precious and he is so lucky to have you and Pat for parents. Trust me when I say....ALL PARENTS FEEL WEARY! Their lying if they tell you differently. I feel inadequate most of the time. Lately, Brad and I will try and talk things through (especially where discipline is concerned) and so many times we end up just saying that we don't know what to do. We just have to trust God for guidance. Please don't feel you are alone. I have one a little older and one a little younger (and soon one a lot younger). I'm right there with you! I cry sometimes when I think of the responsibility. But then God reminds me what an honor it is to mother these little boys. Hang in there!
Post a Comment