Pat's parents helped stain our cubby shelves and they turned out great. The one below is for Nick's room and the other one is stained a bit darker and will be in the eating area. I am so glad to have that done before the bed's arrival soon! We would not have gotten them done any time soon. Thanks to the best in-laws ever!
We had some great cool weather and everyone enjoyed our park for quick fun before Ata Bob and Grandma Roof left on Sunday.
Nick is really funny lately with mimicking. Pat was on the phone tonight and Nick sat right next to him with his phone and proceeded to copy any motion and chatter just like Pat. I was working on the computer and he got up on the stool next to me and opened up the calendar and proceeded to pretend it was a computer just like mine and was typing and everything. Too cute. I had to get a picture.
We had to have a costume for our preschool halloween party so my good friend Dannette offered a sweat suit type turtle outfit which he wore without difficulty and looked darn cute in if I may be so biased.
He was not too thrilled with the parade of costumes especially after he saw me with the other parents. But he made it back inside for the fun stuff.

He played the games a little better than he did at the carnival and was able to wait in line without falling apart like before. He even caught the elusive pumpkin fish!
He was worried about where I went as I came around the table to take this picture. Looks a bit solemn but he did have fun. They did a sweet little prayer with hand motions before their snack and he knew it all. Cutie!
After our party at preschool, we went to surprise daddy at work. Well, we surprised him so much that he wasn't even there. So, Nick practiced being really professor-like at the computer. Good shot of the back of his costume. He always talks about Dad and going "back-a-work".
And then we found Daddy and he was so happy to see us and big smiles all around! I will probably have to frame this one.

We have had our first fever today. After our big day, I could tell he was not quite his chipper self after nap and checked his temp and it was 102. It is his first fever state-side so I hope it is over quick and nothing more than a little quick virus. Funny thing is that he had a little extra sugar today and then did this fever.....Those Kazakh doctors have got me paranoid about sugar now after telling us that we were always affecting his health with any snacks that we brought to the orphanage........Somebody please remind me that sugar does not make children sick...does it?
I will write more later but want to get to bed in case we have a long night ahead of us! Thanks to the Grandparents for all the help! We love you and miss you already! and Pat would probably like me to say GO PACKERS......Brett can still make the game exciting. We have a new clothing item from Ata Bob that we will have to wear some time this week in honor of the Monday night game. Have a great week!






2 comments:
Libby is sick as well, I am up at three this morning! Guess neither one of us will be at BSF! Call me if you need my mom to pick up your lesson. You may not get this so if I can find your number I will call. akml
Hi Karen,
That photo of him using the calendar as a computer is so great! What a fantastic imagination he has. Just wanted you to know we are still up here in Cinci, continuing to follow Nick's story. Thank you so much for continuing to post. We finally turned in our dossier, so we are now in "waiting" mode. No blog yet -- one of many things on our "to do" list. :-)
We continue to be honored to follow your story!
Karen.
Post a Comment