Last night when I posted for Nick's 6 month anniversary, the blogsite would not allow pictures. So, apparently overnight the computer gremlins were at work and they gave us picture access again. So, here are just a few from our busy Saturday. After my Grandfather passed away and we finally decided to sell their house in Richmond (where I had been living), all of the furniture from that house was just moved up here to my house to use. When Pat and I got married, we had an abundance of furniture to say the least. Over the last few years, mom and dad have rented trailers to slowly take back furniture that they or my sister wanted to use. Well, with the addition of a little one, we needed to re-arrange furniture once again. So they are taking back my favorite bedroom set from my grandparents house (very old, very ornate). Luckily, my parents have just remodeled too and have an empty room that they can move this great set right into as I could not handle it going into storage. I am hoping that my niece will want it some day as it is more "girly" and really not something you could use for moose, airplane, or superhero motifs! ;)
Nick was beside himself with the moving and lifting and trailer experience. He was bouncing off the walls. I was worried that he would get stressed out because we moved every thing out of his room (Full mattress on the floor goes with the bed set, baby bed, and Pat's old dresser) and then moved our sofa bed mattress up to his room for his temporary bed. His new bed may be ready next week!! I will be so glad to finally get to make his room a little more homey. He has been living pretty sparsely as far as his room goes. After we got most of the trailer loading done (Thanks to Ryan for helping with the big heavies!), we had another favorite visitor, Emma and "Emma's mama" Dana. The kids played so hard and fast. We were all tired but they finally slowed down a minute and we got some cute pics of them playing "house". We kept missing the hugs with the delay on the camera but they were being such a progressive little household as Nick was in bed and Emma was going off to work. We had a crazy lunch of "donnnald's" and then finally got Nick down for a nap.....it took him a bit to calm down with all of the craziness of the day. Enjoy the pics! K-Pat and Nick






3 comments:
I am really responding to your last blog - I do the "I love you a bushel and a peck, . . . " with Akiva and have since he was born! I could also really relate to your feeling "hearty." That is exactly how I feel - walking everywhere and carrying everything up three flights of stairs. I feel like a robust pioneer, and it is a good feeling. A friend asked me today if I wanted to join her at a new gym she found, and I pointed out there is no need. I get a ton of exercise just living, and have even lost a few pounds without trying!
Keep up the good work - and the blog. While I do not often comment, I do read it and enjoy it.
Love, Carol
Boy, those 6 months have sure flown by--seems like just yesterday I was absolutely addicted to your blog while you were in Kaz. I couldn't wait to see what had transpired from one day to the next. I'm still addicted to the blog, and it still makes me cry!! You are such an inspiration. I know I'll be just as frustrated once we get our little one home, and just hope I can handle things as well as you have. I think ALL mothers are, they just want everybody to think everything is perfect, when in reality nobody has a perfect life. Nick is SOOOO blessed to have you guys as parents.
Love,
Jody
Amen, sister, to all the inherited furniture! That is how Bobby I can fill two house with furniture! I too have a "girly" set of furniture that I have had since before I was even married! It's at mom & dad's so she sees it there at least. I have my mom's girlhood (doesn't sound as good as boyhood, does it?) furniture, Bobby's boyhood furniture, Nana's dining room table, Granny's piano, etc. We did just buy Libby a fun big girl bed with slide, ladder, tent and play area but before that the last piece of furniture I bought was my dining room table which was before I got married. Well, let me take that back, we bought the china cabinet to go with it, the year after Libby was born for all our wedding china, which I love to get out and use. Well, enough of my babble. See you Wednesday at BSF. Don't forget to go to SCC! akml
Post a Comment