Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A trailer, pizza, and hormones...........

What do these have in common you ask, well they are not related to a "B" movie but describe my girls weekend away in Western Ky. Luckily, women have a way of being able to talk and visit no matter what and the weekend was nice although rainy and humid. We arrived almost perfectly at the same time so it actually was an equal distance between Lex and St. Louis. I had a weird feeling when I pulled up and our "rainbow's end cottage" was a converted trailer. My friends had arrived a few minutes earlier and were getting the tour from our host who had forgotten to zip his zipper...nice! We were OK with the setting as it was clean and seemed safe even if it did just look like your grandma's house (mismatched furniture and silk flowers). We celebrated our first night in style with Pirrone's pizza which basically made it all worth while for me....THANKS GIRLS!

Thin, Pepperoni and with Provel Cheese....nothing like it in the world although my sister said they found a new place in TX that says they have "St. Louis style Pizza" .....she said my parents and she will be the judge of that! ;)

We had a good breakfast at the main house the next morning and then he had to ruin it by telling us about the "Algae" that had been growing in our air-conditioning unit....Ummm, that would be mold and would probably explain my intense headaches everytime we were back in the trailer....oh, well.....we talked, walked, and ate the day away and then watched a movie....all in all not a bad day. Our theme for the weekend was "those Powerful hormones"...everytime we were talking about something (any topic), the subject always came back to how those silly chemicals affect just about everything that goes on with us....maybe it is our age but it became pretty humorous to us and we began to say loudly and proudly, "THOSE POWERFUL HORMONES!" Sunday morning we ate an OK breakfast and then paid our "way to much for what we got" bill and headed home. I have to say that I was a bit sad....to say good-bye to my friends and that it was not the pampering weekend that we all wanted. But, I feel very lucky to have been able to get away and we are all thankful to our hubbys at home who held the forts down without calling us even once....we were always calling them so they didn't have to! ;)

Nick got the best part of this weekend in that he got more presents! yeah! Musical toys, magic coloring book, and the best part.....a dump truck! We have been a loud and messy house (dumped toys) for the last few days now....so awesome!

I guess the musical instruments continued on with my pots and a popcorn tin....again, love his imagination.

He looks like a drum major and I love his expression
He had a little trouble getting his Tin Hat off of his cute little head. Cracked me up!
We had his second day of preschool today.....screaming once again but his teacher says that he quiets down really quickly. I just pray that he doesn't relate this to his experience at the orphanage...after all, this is how his relationship with us started.....people he cared about dropping him off in a room with unfamiliar people for several hours and then all of the sudden he had to go with those strangers away from everything he knew and loved. We will start BSF tomorrow, hopefully, that will be less eventful with more kids and teachers around that he knows. Please keep my mom in your prayers as she is hospitalized currently with some serious abdominal pain....hopefully, just related to a test she just had and not a blockage or anything.
Have a great week everyone and our thoughts and prayers go out to the 9/11 survivors and families. How that event has changed our world forever. Love to all!

1 comment:

Shannon Sampson said...

I was hoping you'd write about your weekend away... I've been thinking about you and how much fun you've likely had. I think one of the best parts about a night away is how much fun it is to return to family! Glad you all had a good trip even though the accommodations were not what you were expecting :)

We look forward to seeing you Friday morning at Spanish and Friday eve at Bunco. I have a little surprise for the Spanish attendees this week :)