Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pics from the weekend.....

We had a calm weekend. We refuse to go out into the madness which is Christmas time at the local malls. Everyone, I mean, Everyone from all the surrounding small towns come to shop. I have lived in big cities all my life and have never experienced the mess that happens here in this medium sized city. So, Pat is taking off Thursday morning while Nick has preschool and we are going to shop some then. Much more tolerable! So, here is a few pics for the family to keep them up-to-date all of the "firsts" this holiday season.


My first Christmas tree putting up session.....lights are cool! He is singing a few bars of jingle bells that he is learning at school. He says Ho, Ho! but does not like Santa on TV. He thinks he is a giant! ?? Not sure how he will do when he shows up at preschool! ;)

Not a first but don't I look so grown up.....I will be 4 before you know it!


This is Nick's oven that I made out of his carseat box. He plays with it all of the time and I noticed him using his Kermit puppet as an oven mitt. He would pull the dishes out of the oven with Kermit's mouth and then hang it up in one of the slots on the oven. So funny!


Another creation for the weekend is the "space buggy" aka chip clip with screwdriver pinched in the middle. The yellow juicer thing is a "rocket". He is holding both of them currently and shooting them thru the sky. And people wonder why we are not buying many christmas gifts for his first Christmas....why?? I love his creativity more!


As of today, His first real illness. He did have a fever a month or so ago but this is all out stuffy nose and cough with fever. Poor little pookie! He is a cheerful sickie though. Last night at 3am, he was just all smiles and hugs while his fever was raging. He did have trouble falling back asleep with the fever but the Tylenol finally kicked in and he relaxed between 445 and 5am. So, Preschool was out and I let him put his new pajamas on from G.Aunt Nancy and G.Uncle John as his lounging clothes. Today will have to be a TV day since I have a pampered chef party tonight and was looking forward to the "free" time to clean while he was at school.


I almost have all of our Christmas Cards ready. A new record for me. I can't wait for everyone to see the cute pictures of Nick which is probably why I am so much more on the ball. I never figured everyone was that interested in just me and Pat! ;)

Also, if anyone is interested in unique donations this year, our adoption agency is collecting money for our specific orphanage in Zhez. So, new beds for all of Nick's "brothers and sisters". We of course think this is a very worthy cause so please feel free to go to the site and donate if you wish! http://www.adoptionark.com/public/pag192.aspx Thanks!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Love the idea about the orphange! Sorry I missed you at the PC Party -- Libby was having some issues. Carrie told me about Nick at BSF this morning -- so missed you again. Are we on for Friday playdate anywhere? I didn't see Amy O at BSF either. Depending on how Nick is let me know b/c we are available. Take care! KML

Joanne & Andy said...

Nick is soo grown up! Thank you for giving me a heads up as to what my Nicholas is going to be like in a couple of years, though I can already see some it happening with his stubbornness!! I love Nick's creativity, though you seem to have quite a bit of creativity, making a stove out of a carseat box!

The Cook said...

You are sooo creative witht he car seat box. Do you guys live near Cincy? We are going to be out there over Christmas. My brother lives there.

junglemama said...

I love the last picture of your son. He looks so innocent. :)