Thursday, January 17, 2008

and another First!

Yesterday, We went to Nick's first birthday party. His preschool friend Pierce was turning 4! I did not include pics of the other children because I forgot to ask the parent's permission for posting .....just in case anyone is in the witness protection program! ha!
Nick and I play alot during the day....He loves to be tickled, chased, wrestled, and all things boy. We don't have an extra photographer during the day to prove that I am just as much fun as dad but I don't care because it does my heart so much more to document them. I knew Pat would be a great Dad and when I hear them giggling, playing, and talking in the evenings after Pat gets home, I just melt! It is practically a Beatles mania type reception when Pat gets home with all of the squealing and jumping that goes on........I know it is great for Pat after having difficult days at work to come home to that kind of reception ...and that's just the reception from me...no just kidding, it really is Nick .....most of the time! ;)
I thought these pictures from the party were priceless of Daddy and Nick playing on the big inflatables.

Kind of wish we would have had these big gloves during Nick's hitting stage! ;)

Going Up, Up, Up!

Then Down, Down, Down!

This is so fun.....Thanks and Happy Birthday, Pierce!

It was also nice to mingle with some other preschool parents. Nick doesn't say much about school so it was interesting to hear everyone talk about NICK! We always see kids at school that say That's Nick, mom or That's Nick, dad! I have had parents tell us that their child talks about Nick all of the time. His little friend Gabriella's mom said that she doesn't hear much about the other kids but she always mentions Nick and how nice he is.........How can you not love Nick's smile and charm but it is nice to know that he often behaves and interacts so well at school that he stands out. Yeah!
Nick continues to amaze us with his ability to just sit and look at books. If he has memorized them from us reading them, he will also "read" them out loud. He calls his book shelves, "the library" and he will tell you that he is going to the library to read books or he will go get them and bring them to us from the library. He will just pull up his little rocker and read away! Boy, he was so meant for our family! FYI, I read 5 books over the holidays thanks to all of the Aunts and Uncles, and grandma and Ata playing with Nick non-stop! Sure miss that! ;)
Today was western day at school and even though we have not been down to TEXAS yet to meet the rest of the family, we were able to put together a fine ensemble except for boots.....it just doesn't seem right to buy boots in Ky......we will check out the real boots in TX.....at least that is what they would say down there!

Apparently, Cowboys don't smile but they do say Yee, Haw without any prompting!


I need to get together my list of must haves for Kaz/adoption travel but wanted to post these pictures for the family first. I also need to document some funny things that Nick is saying but I will post that with the must-haves soon. Have a great Thursday!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Hi - I found your blog from the Kazapalooza blog. We are just getting the word out on a new cookbook we are organizing, the profits going to the orphans of Kaz. We are asking each family to donate 1-3 recipes by Feb 14th. I hope you will consider submitting a recipe to help make childrens lives a little easier. For more info please visit our blog.

See you at Kazapalooza!

Thanks,
Kim and Stacy
Two Hearts For Hope, LLC.
www.hopeforkazakhorphans.blogspot.com

Kristina said...

Libby sure thinks her pink cowboy boots from Howard Curry are the real thing! Tonight we went out for an early dinner (Bobby said we were practicing for retirement) and she asked to wear her cowboy hat. It is blue so I need to find a better match for her!

Libby went there for a birthday party this summer and I couldn't get her to do much -- oh the difference between boys and girls!

Did I mention about meeting at the Beaumont Library on Mondays, 10:30, for 3-5 year old storytime? Libby is very proud of her library card and really enjoys reading also. I don't know if they will have anything on MLK day or not but let me know if you are interested in this sometime.

Joanne & Andy said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun with Nick! I can't wait to meet you guys at Kazapalooza, since we missed meeting in Zhez.! Nick looks like he makes a good cowboy!

Shannon Sampson said...

I've been super busy, so this is the first I've checked blogs in a while. Yesterday when John got home, Lauren Clay (who was napping) woke up and squealed, "daddy, you're home!" Similar to Pat, he looks forward to returning home from a crazy day at work. LC's also been saying, "Yee Haw!" I can't figure out where she learned it, but she says it every time she puts on a cowboy hat! Maybe nick taught her :)

Jody and Rich said...

Looks like a fun party and what an adorable little cowboy!!! Thanks so much for all the great comments while we are here in Russia--they really help keep the homesickness at bay. I don't know how you all stayed in Kaz for sooooo long. We are so ready to come home even though it has been an amazing journey. Thanks a bunch.
Jody

The Cook said...

Those are adorable. I love pictures of Sophie playing with Jerry. He is getting so big and is as cute as ever.

junglemama said...

It looks like he had fun!

Kim & Jamie said...

Okay - at long last I have finally gotten around to blogging you back:) Thanks so much for your two cents on the weirdness of baby shopping without being pregnant! I am definitely starting to own it now and not be so weirded out by it!

I will be looking forward to the list of must haves!!! Always good to have the experience of those who have travelled before us:)

Nick is such a cutie!! I love the picture of him in his rocking chair reading!! Brought me back to my own chilhood:) What a great smile he has!!

Thanks again for all your posts!! They were so helpful!