We just had a great week with my Sister and her family. Nick loved having Zach and Lyndsay here. If we heard Nick calling for Zach once, we heard it a MILLION times. I loved it at first because he wasn't saying Mom all of the time but after a while, any name repeated over and over gets old! :) We visited the city pool, the aviation museum, the park and back to our cousin's house for a final swim. My cousin Susan, my sis and I are all within 4 years in age. Our grandmothers were sisters and the best cooks in Ky! We finally got a pick of all of the next generation of cousins! So cute!
We swam and swam and then Dad and Nick had to have a break on the big lounge.....all they need now is someone feeding them grapes and fanning them!
Nick has been talking so much more grown up lately. Full sentences that most can understand and such manners. It cracks me up because I really don't focus on them too much but he says them with such sweetness.......I just melt.
Typical things he says on any given day.......
Nick do you need to go to the bathroom......" No Thank You"
"Thank you for making this food for me" or "Thank You for playing with me"
"I love you so much, Mommy or Daddy"
"Thank you for buckling my carseat"
"weeeee, I love this car, I love those trees!"
The funnier things he says have to do with "repeating" all of the lectures that I must give ad nauseum.....because he knows them by heart not necessarily by action.
"I be nice boy, not screaming or hitting or pushing"
"I being quiet in car not "fustating" mommy"
" I hold hands with mommy so no one grab me, mommy and daddy be sad and I stay close so they can "patect" me."
''not so hard mommy, I just keep trying and never give up"
He is just so sweet. The not so fun but still funny part of his speech development this month is the WHY questions......Why I sad? (because you got in trouble) Why I got in trouble (because you did XYZ) Why I do XYZ?.........AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
Why does the car have wheels (to make it go) Why does a car go? ( to get to another place) Why I go another place........AAAAAAHHHHH ! You get the idea. We usually turn the questions back to him because he generally knows the answer!
Even though he is still his crazy active self, he continues to love, love books! He will sit at the table or in a chair and just "read" the books and look thru the pages. I tried to get this while he was still reading but he gave me a big cheese smile......Adorable! He looks so grown up these days. Makes me sad but we are also enjoying this stage so much! He has such a passion for life and "loves" everything. I have been guilty of being a glass half empty type and it is a blessing to have him remind me daily to see the joy and excitement in EVERYTHING.
We are headed to a Kaz family dinner tonight with our local Kaz friends. Several of them are getting ready to adopt again so we are excited to hear about all of their plans.
If you need to find us, just look for us at the YMCA with the Merman! Enjoy the remainder of the summer!






6 comments:
Awesome! I just love hearing the news. What a sweet little man you have. cathy bush
Hi,
My name is Erica and I found your blog through the testimonial page at Adoption Ark. I was wondering if you would be able to give me some insight on your experience with AA, as my husband and I are thinking about using them to facilitate our adoption. If you would be able to, that would be great. You can email me at bogeyanderica@yahoo.com. I would really appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks and you have a beautiful son! You all look so happy together! We can't wait to be in the same boat. :)
Erica
Lauren Clay's current questioning line is "what holds my head up? what holds my legs up? what holds my belly up?"
we had a great time with you all last week... and we have watched a lot of Nick's Backyardigans since then!
How funny! Libby was just swimming yesterday at my aunt's and Bobby commented that she could be in the 2020 Olympics. Maybe a pool playdate is in our future?! Talk to you soon, K
Nick sounds like he is doing so well!
Hello. My name is Janar, I am from Kazakhstan. I am so glad that adopted kids are doing great overseas.
About myself, I was born in Zhezkazgan, now i work and live in Astana (capital city). I worked with adoptive families in 2003. Now i work for the goevernment here.
Again, I am so happy that you have a wonderful kid, and that he lives happily.
Sincerely,
Janar ( kazinmetr@mail.ru)
Post a Comment