I can't believe it's been a week. My aching back can believe it but my mind still hasn't completely wrapped around the fact that we have two littles living with us. Everyone keeps asking how we are doing.....and really besides the chaotic house, last minute meal planning, and extra laundry, we are good after a week. The transition has been smooth, the littles are sleeping well after their illnesses, trying new food adventures and really bring alot of smiles and fun to the house. Nick loves them and tells people about them wherever he goes. For several nights, he has been thanking God in his prayers for "making our dreams come true". He continues to be so sweet with them and helps out so much and does it without complaining. Amazing. The jealousy seems to have already gotten a little better. We found his old baby blanket from Kaz and he sleeps with it again and we try to incorporate some of the same things for him as we do for the littles (i.e. lotion on after bath....side note: he hated this when he was younger....but now he wants it....funny!).
The dietitian from first steps comes tomorrow. I'm anxious to discuss their eating challenges and have her refresh my peds nutrition knowledge. I pulled out some of my old books but can't seem to find the time to look thru them. ;) I'll just humble myself and let her tell me. ha!
We had our first supervised visit with the birthmom (bmom) today. Overall, it was weird but fine. The caseworker was late so I had to stay with her and the kids. She was amazed that I had a bow in Sarah's hair....well, of course, we've been practicing all week! Abe is starting to hold himself up a bit finally and she noticed that as well. Most of the time, we will just drop them off with the Caseworker and bmom so today was a little unusual.
We have gotten out several times with all of them and they are good car riders so far. Going to visit some friends this weekend in Lville and retrieve a double stroller generously offered by one of my Kazmoms. My parents will be arriving in less than 2 weeks. It will be great to have them here for a little organizational help and of course some mom meals....and perhaps a pizza from St. Louis as they pass thru the area.
Once we have all the therapist visits, I'll try to post a little more about what their delays and therapy looks like.....as far as we can tell, they really just need interaction, challenges, and as Karyn Purvis would say, A voice. They have definitely found their voices and crack us up "talking" to each other. Priceless. Just like Nick who found his voice and NEVER lost it the day after we took him out of the babyhouse, the littles seem to be trying new sounds and even babywords each day. funtimes!
So, I'll leave you with a few non-identifying pics.....I so wish I could show their photos...they are so stinkin cute.
And, we have the picture that I imagined in my head....Nick is right, God really did make our dreams come true! :) now, cue, the collective AWWWWWWW!
Sarah is a girl after my own heart.....look who controls the remote....you go girl!
I'll have to try a hands and fingers shot next.....but that will have to wait another day. Thanks again for the prayers, well wishes and support. It means everything to us!
Thursday, August 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
We can't wait to see just how stinking' cute they are ! Good to hear that things are going well.
Oh my - I haven't read your blog in some time, and Norma suggested I catch up. What enormous changes! I am so thrilled for all of you. And Karen, I welcome your writing again. The paragraph on Nick's guilt tripping you had me in stitches! He is obviously very good at expressing himself.
May God bless you with everything you need to continue.
Oh my goodness sakes...... LOVE BOTH pics!! You are right! Awwww.. Pat looks VERY right at home! And Nick seems to be settling in great, love the lotion - thing, I can TOTALLY see Joshua doing that same thing :) I can't wait to see you -- but don't know when that will be. You are in my prayers! We leave Sat! So signing off for a bit -- but I'll catch up later :)
Love and Hugs,
Renae.
Post a Comment