Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's almost feels like summer!

Mikey and Nick having a great time!
























The joys of a water hose!


This was the quilt that I had been trying to get from a research subject but she lived out of town and I didn't get to see her before we left. My great friends at work conspired while I was gone and presented it to me at my shower. I LOVE IT! Thanks guys!


---------
I am officially a Stay-at-home Mom now. I left work quickly to get Nick to his first USA Dr's appt so didn't even have an official good-bye time but I have still need to pack up my things so I will go visit tomorrow and celebrate nurse appreciation week with them.
I know Pat is relieved to get back to a normal schedule and we miss having family time together ....it has more been like tag-team parenting. Kudos out there for all you single parents...wouldn't do it if you paid me a million bucks. I love having Pat around for Team Kitzman activities.
We have continued to go out and meet Nick's new playmates and he seems to enjoy every minute of it. We still occasionally have some fits and biting episodes but still much better than in Kaz and well, he is 3..... He continues to eat variable foods which is also normal for a 3 year old but surprisingly enjoys the asian food that he has tried. Wonton soup is similar to their dumplings and he even tried chicken fried rice today which I assume is like the Plov (sp?) that everyone told us about but we never tried??
His doctor's appt went well. She thought he seemed a very healthy 3 year old and we have scheduled an initial visit for the peds surgery for the snip, snip that men don't want to talk about and an eye appt for his eyes. He will also do a dentist visit and a hearing exam in the near future to get some baseline information. He will probably get his tongue clipped by the surgeon or dentist as he is a little tongue tied as I suspected. She did not seem concerned about his sometimes lazy eye appearance in pics but said the eye doctor could better assess that. All in All, we are so blessed to have a very healthy and normal 3 year old boy. I can't say enough about the care he received at his orphanage to be such a healthy, sturdy boy considering his meager beginnings at 2 lbs.!
Hope all Mom's have a happy Mother's day....still not sure if I know what that feels like yet...I am sure we all feel it different but I am thankful to be Nick's mom and will celebrate the gift of a great son on Sunday and be very thankful for our MOM's and Grandmother's for showing us how it is done..... Love to all, K-Pat, Nick, and his finally accepted new buddy, Amigo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Praise God! Just can't praise Him enough.

Happy Mother's Day!!

God bless you all,
cathy b

Anonymous said...

Happy First Mother's Day Sis,
The pictures are great! I look forward to sharing lots of mommy talks with you.

We are all very thankful that Nick's doc visit went well. He looks like he is so happy.
Love,
Kelly

Sarah S. said...

Karen,
Congratulations! All of this is so exciting and we could not be happier for you all. I am thrilled that you are experiencing the joy and blessing of being a mother.

Love you!
Sarah and all the Sewells