Thursday, May 3, 2007

Kazak cuties meet!


Nick and Wyatt meet at Gattitown! Definitely the cutest boys in town!

Nick was able to meet Dasha and Dahlil before they leave for Kazakhstan for their summer break. Dasha spoke Russian to Nick and Dahlil spoke Kazak. I think he understood both but was acting a bit bashful.

Nick trying out the Harley.......I guess this means both of the men in our home will be watching OCC.

Nick is preparing for Derby this weekend although I think he prefers the slower horses on the next ride!

He made a dash for the carousel and thankfully our friend Michelle had a game card to get us on quickly.......he acted like a pro so we wonder if he has done this before.....I heard there was an amusement park in Dzez but is closed now??

He rode like a pro.....almost doing the rodeo thing at this point! Wyatt and Michelle are in the background having a great ride also.
I could do this all day mama!

Up and down we go......mama is worried about who is going to ride all the rollercoasters with me if this makes her feel ill.......
I keep making big strides in my friendship with Amigo. I am telling him where his nose is and reading my book to him.

I was showing Amigo my truck but he laid his head on it.......maybe he will like another story.
My last full week as a research dietitian is almost over. It has been a good week catching up with everyone and telling Nick stories. Pat has done a great job at home and has had the harder night shift at work. We will be very glad to see each other again and be a real family once we can get on a normal schedule. Nick is speaking more english by the minute it seems. He is starting to put some words together like "brush your teeth" and "mama or papa please". We continue to try new foods and even ventured out to a Thai restaurant where he feasted on their ground pork meatball like soup. He loved it. He has met many new friends this week and we have plans to meet more this weekend. We are so lucky that we have so many friends with children around Nick's age. We are going bed shopping this weekend and hope to get his room normalized although he sleeps really well on his full size mattress in the floor.
Pat and I celebrate our 4th anniversary tomorrow. It will definitely be different than our previous 3 years but a very special occasion to be thankful for each other and the special gift that God has brought to us this year. I am so blessed to start this new adventure with a great marriage and a great husband. We will celebrate with my mother-in-law's great cooking ....she brought us frozen meals to cook as needed and this seems like a great occasion!
Thanks Apa Ruth!
Hope you all enjoy the pics of our ever-changing sweet son and his adventures. Love to all!
K-Pat and Nick








1 comment:

Kristina said...

Karen,
We are at the hotel in Charlottesville, VA. Libby and Bobby just went swimming in the indoor pool. She has talked and sang our ear off the whole way here! We just figured out that last year at this time she was not really talking just a few words so that made a big difference. This year at the beach is going to be fun! Libby loves the merry go round at Gattitown so let us know when you want to go again! So glad you are keeping up the blog. Even though we are in town we still get to see all he is doing. We had a great time on Wednesday. I told her she could take one thing with her (I had already packed a bunch of stuff) and she chose her pink nesting dolls! Thank you so much for those -- esp. the eight mile walk to get them. Happy Anniversary! I need to put that on my calendar. See you when we get back! Kristina