Friday, January 25, 2008

Almost a year?

Can it be true?....can it be that Feb. 12th (we think....still a blur what day we actually arrived since there was almost a whole day lost with the time change!) will mark the year anniversary of meeting a crazy Kazmaniac named Nurik.....well, it has to be true because we had to do our first post-adoption home visit and trip to the Secretary of State's office for Apostilling. What was crazy this time on the road to the Capital was that Nick was with me......we have come full circle!


We had a good time, me and my little buddy. Definitely the only 3 year old on Capital Hill although probably he was much smarter. I think that they might have been in session because things were a hoppin'. We walked down the hall behind the Lt. Governor and his assistants. Nick was very well behaved except for some loud moments at the nice lady's desk who was processing our papers (FYI, Ky Secretary of State office rocks! We have had the best luck with them and they are so nice and do the Apostilling while you wait....never been there more than 30-45 minutes even with the big stuff). She thought he was cute anyway.....this will get us out of many embarrassing moments, thankfully. She apostilled Nick for us too so he is certified that the certifier can certify who can notarize......only adoptive families will get that......but basically he is extra legit! He proudly showed off his Apostille on the front steps of the capital as he waved and said HI to the other tourists! They were getting a kick out of his enthusiasm.....I said he was the "official" capital greeter....kind of like Wal-mart but younger! :)


Here are pics from the trip.....one full shot with the capital and the other of him waving....notice the little gold sticker on his coat.....apostilled and official. Have a good weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! We met at the Schlafer's and learned a lot from hearing about your experience. Corey and I recently found your blog and wanted to say hello and give you our blog address, too. I love that Nick is apostilled! That is so cute! What a picture. Thanks for all the great info. about travel that you have posted.
kazadventure.wordpress.com

Kristina said...

I have never heard of that word -- off to look it up! Thanks for sharing and it is hard to believe it has almost been a year! Time flies when you are a parent --having fun or not! K

Chrissy and Russell said...

Karen, thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I know it sounds crazy, but I really am hoping to travel to Kaz in winter! :^) Congrats on being home with Nick for a year! He's super cute!

Jeremy and Jessica said...

Hey Karen,

I just wanted to give you a heads up on the shirts, I'm having them print as we speak. I will take pictures of what I have when they come in which is in about 1 more week and you can tell me what you would like to take with you for the raffle.

Talk to you soon,
Jessica

junglemama said...

Wow--- a whole year already? Time flies.

Aaron and Julie said...

Congrats :) I like the full circle feelings...we have started to have a few ourselves and they warm the heart.