I found this elementary book on Kaz at the library sale and thought it would be a good starter for Nick to learn about his home country. He was looking at it on the way to Harrodsburg to see all of the family. He was trying to hide his face from the camera and had the giggles. Cute!
Nick loves going to Cousin Noel's house (somehow he doesn't get that it is Susan, Hannah Beth, and Hayden's house also) Just Noel because he has the TRACTOR! Nick loves this trampoline. He runs around in circles until he can't stand up! It is much more humorous in person.
His cousins also have the coolest playhouse. I want one like it but log house looking. You can even sleep in it and it has electricity. We had a great time seeing all of the cousins. Some for the first time. Nick wouldn't stop long enough to visit but they saw him in a quick blur! We left the reunion and headed back home for the Kazakh cuties party.
Nick and Wyatt in a quiet moment. I was so busy talking to the students from Kaz that I did not get very many pictures. I missed the other little sweet girl from Kaz. There were two new families who are about where we were last year...both getting ready to send their Dossiers to Kaz. We answered lots of questions and hopefully did not overwhelm them too much. What an adventure they will go on in the next few months but very worth it!
As I am writing this, we have been getting lots and lots of needed rain but our roof started leaking again. Pat came home again and has been up on the roof all morning trying to add tarp. We are getting a new roof next week but not soon enough. It did a little more damage this time on the inside but we are just praying that the extra tarps will hold until they come. Ugh! On a happy note, Pat figured out the leak in our shower and used the always fabulous Duct (Duck) tape on the shower head and the leak has stopped until we can buy a new shower head. So, now hopefully we don't have to rip a hole in the basement ceiling.......although now the possibility of ceiling ruinage is in the new kitchen....oh well, I am trying to be glass half full like my very handy, manly man who found the other leak and saved us! :)
Mom and Dad left yesterday morning and should be getting home early today. I already miss them but have Pat's parents to look forward to in two days! I wish they could stay longer but will take whatever we can get. They are going to help stain some shelves for Nick's room and get our garage back in order since we have emptied it of most of the furniture. We still have one set left but may donate or garage sale it soon. Hope everyone has a good fall week! The trees are getting great here. Love it!! K-Pat and Nick






1 comment:
How cool is that play house!!! My kids would love it! Can't wait to meet you all at Kazapalooza!!!
Post a Comment