Balloons are very funny!
Happy Birthday to Nurik!
You are 3 years old today. We are not really sure that you know what that means especially since you have received goodies and toys from us every day that you have seen us; But, we celebrate your birth with you today because, for us, it means that 3 years ago, God was starting a path for us that not even we were thinking about at that time. 3 years ago today, you were born, early they tell us, and you weighed a whole whopping 2 lbs. The bible tells us that God formed you and knew you even in your biological mother's womb. He fearfully and wonderfully made you with a plan in mind, we have no doubt! How could we possibly know that 3 years ago, God was directing a heavenly orchestra in His creation of you and we know that much went into keeping you safe and protected for 3 years because even starting out at 2 lbs, you have beaten all odds and were brought through difficult circumstances to be here this day. we are sure you do not understand what is about to happen to you but we know that God has given us a great honor and responsibility to take on such a special boy to make our family.. We are very sure God has big plans for Nicholas Carmon! You share your birthday with your mama's Grandpa Carmon and now you share his name too. If I could make a selfish wish, it would be that you will have lots of years to get to know your Grandparents like we knew our Grandparents. Your great grandpa Carmon left a legacy of great character, generosity, and love. Any one that knew him, never forgot him even to this day. Your Grandpas will carry on the same legacy to you and probably add a few more like southern gospel music, golf, the Packers or will it be the Cowboys, hmmm? So, the best birthday present that we can give you for your 3rd year is a family. Your Papa and Mama grow to love you more every day and we feel that you are loving us a little more every day too. Becoming a family will be a great journey for all of us. we will not be perfect, I promise but we will pray ever day that God will show us how to bring out the unique, beautiful, person that He created you to be. With our gift of a family, you will not just be getting Mama and Papa but more love than you can comprehend right now from Atas (Grandmas), Apas (Grandpas), Uncles, Aunts, and cousins. They all are so excited that you are joining the family and oh, the things they will teach you and bless you with during your life. You will need to learn to play Bocce ball and eat cheese curds, light firecrackers and challenge the iron chef (brats or fried turkey?) You will also learn the difference between a trio and a quartet, an F-15 and an F-18, and a holler and a knob (would that be butcher or tater), and last but not least, is that a greasy, pink tip or shelly bean (great great Aunt Wanda is responsible for that lesson). Dakota will teach you snowboarding and maybe saxophone, Zach is ready to play Spiro and transformers, and Lyndsay will have you singing the strawberry shortcake song and many others before you know it. And, maybe Uncle Mike will teach you how to cross the lake on the really slick ice (NOT!) or most likely he will be your Techno guru as your parents will surely fail you in this arena. Your grandmas will keep your stomach full with the best food you have ever eaten (sorry, your Mama won't compare). Most likely, your uncle BJ will teach you a love of Mexican food and computers and Uncle Brian will show you the boogey board moves and how to plant a tree. And, your Aunts, Oh goodness, what a treat. They will love all over you and you won't forget Aunt Julie's sugar cookies and salsa and probably a preschool craft or two, Aunt Kelly's yummy brownie treats and her heart for little one's like you, Auntie Erin will teach you somersaults and most likely you will get your ability to talk from her, and Aunt Tracey will teach you about the world, travelling, and she will help Mama teach you the non-grey area things! The really great thing is that this is just your immediate family. You have a Great Grandma, Great Aunts and Uncles, and more cousins than you could ever imagine all waiting to teach you all about the world as they know it ( a little scary but priceless, none the less) God has placed you in our family, we are a special breed but you will be loved to the end of the earth and back and we will always be so thankful for His gift of you to us. So, we do celebrate your third year because this year you will become a son, a grandson, a nephew, and a cousin. Someday you will understand what this third year meant to you and we pray that you will be grateful as we are grateful that God ordained February 22nd, 2004 for a special little boy with an exciting adventure ahead to be born. Happy Birthday to you, Nicholas. Love, Mama and Papa






13 comments:
Beautiful blog this morning to wake up to. I had to put myself together before I could go workout. Needless to say I was a few minutes late. You always have a way with your words. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Love you all,
Kelly
Karen and Patrick,
Just wanted to make contact with you guys. My grandparents are Richard and Juanelle and I believe they know your mother, Karen. My husband and I live in Kaz. You can write us at kazsteph@usa.com and we'd be happy to chat with you more!
Stephanie
Happy Birthday Nurik-we hope you had a great first birthday together as a family! God's blessings on the rest of your journey over there as well as when you return to the US. We love you all, Katy and Jeff
Nice job! You got me all teared-up. I never stop being amazed at how much beauty there is in what you are doing.I have a special favor to ask of you guys. Will you adopt me too? I don't eat much and am no trouble at all. (Okay, I'm lying a bit there.) I've always wanted to be part of the Kitzman clan and I think this would be a great way to do it.
Anyway, thank you for considering my request.
Your buddy,
Scotty G
Nurik is so blessed to have such amazing parents (as we are to have you as our friends)!
Pat, Karen and Nurik,
Congratulations on your first birthday celebration with Nurik. I'm sure you will find each day a new celebration.
Welcome to your son.
Sue and Jim
Wow, I think think that blog was as much a gift to Nurik as it was to everyone you mentioned in it! Thank you for it. It truley touched me. I as still amazed at how wonderful a boy he is and how perfect he is for you two--God truley did have a plan for him, didn't he?:)
Each blog I feel closer and closer to you and to Nurik. Thank you for sharing such intimate thoughts and feelings! I can't wait to celebrate with you both!
All my love, Auntie Erin
Happy Birthday! Loved putting it in my Palm as a repeat - annual, as in forever and ever - entry. The photos are truly precious and I am so glad that you are bonding (actually a bit faster than I anticipated, which just goes to show how right you all are for each other). You truly look like a family. Will email on the weekend to catch you up on life in NYC (4 was not the charm, but I keep focusing on your joy).
All my love,
Tracey
I'am still having trouble getting all the way through your beautiful birthday letter to Nurik. It is so special and will be treasured by him and all of us.
How blessed the three of you are to be together, growing to love each other and truly becoming a family.
We are so anxcious to meet him, although through your pictures and words I think we feel we are getting to know him.
Our love and prayers are with all of you. Mom and Dad
Hi,
Birthday looked good from the pic. Do you want me to send some clothes? Tierney was in the 25th% so I can compare to her. Her 3ts were too long too and too big in the waist. Let me know where to send them or if you want to wait till you get home. I was so happy he ran to you. That made me the most excited. Mom is happy for you also. Keep the notes coming. Have a nice weekend.L, Holly
Happy birthday Nurik and your forever family, from all your more distant cousins: the other children now home with their parents in the US, Canada, and Belgium -- who are from your same Aul/home town.
Karen and Patrick, it sounds - and looks - as if you are doing a fantastic job of getting to know your new son. And what a wonderful birthday letter! Sorry you are having such technical difficulties. Once again, please let me/us know if you need anything, even a chat.
I think that Nurik is ready to go home and is practicing packing. I have a suggestion: ask Roza to explain seat belts to him - maybe with a story of a rocket ship pilot or something empowering? Been there, not fun.
If you have a chance, my daughters, Annelle and Tali, would love it if you would say hello to Dr. Roza. They remember her fondly. Annelle turned three the week before I met her, and also tried to eat her first banana in an innovative way - by biting through the skin. She was very suspicious of bananas afterwards.
blessings,
Ellen
and the parents group
call direct 805.715.0685
or email signaldance@aol.com
or just ask for a phone call
What a great birthday letter. Nurik certainly is blessed to have you two as parents. I can't wait to see him. Those great cheeks look like they are begging for some kisses. I hope the bonding continues to go good. May God continue to watch over your family for the remainder of the trip.
Love Charlie & Linda
Hey Kitzman Family:
Great pics overall,love the one of
Karen and Nurik with the huge smile on his face. Also, the picture of Pat holding Nurik up to the ceiling reminds me of the "10 foot penguin" Pat was going to get a picture of for me when vacationing in New Zealand (perspective is everything).
Stay Warm (as much as possible).
kjs
Post a Comment