Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More pictures from the other days!


I love my snacks!




Everything goes in my favorite bag!





Going through Papa's pack!





Making yogurt messes with Papa.





Ok, we are still on so here are some more pictures. I would like to say that yes, we and Nurik have the same clothes on almost everyday. It is all we packed but it is different days, just same clothes! ;) We do have a laundry though.

We will try and add back blogs but you may start getting the days mixed up so we will add the date to our back blogs otherwise we will type on the day that is on the blog. Here is Saturdays blog (the 17th).

well, when we walked by the internet cafe it was open but after we visited with Nurik and ate some lunch, it was closed. We were so bummed. we had a good day with Nurik. He cried a bit at first but warmed up quickly with snacks as usual. I tried to sit back and let Pat interact some and we did see some improvement. He said some words today. The translator was able to tell us what he said and he did say mama and papa when we talked about the pictures. masha did get him to point to his nose when she asked but he wouldn't do any other body parts but I think he knows because he had that half smaile that he gets when he knows what you want or what you are saying but he doesn't want to admit it. I got Pat to try yogurt with him and he mostly just liked dumping it from container to container. Very Messy. Sorry Pat! ;) Nurik loves to put things in and out of bags. Everything goes into the bag then it gets dumped out. He has been told no Several times and seems to respond if you are consistant and continue to say no. It would be easy to give in but we don't want to start any bad habits that we will have to break later. we continue to be amazed at how abservant and detail oriented he is. We got some more good smiles out of him today and even Pat was able to tickle him and get some grins. We said our Paka, pakas (bye, byes) and he still seemed plenty happy to leave but maybe that will change before we have to take him out of here. We still have about 3 more weeks. We ate at the other local restaurant that has english menus. I had an omelet with croutons in it, rice and fries. Pat had chicken cordon bleu. I still can't make myself try the meats. I think they all feel that we should want to eat lots of salad because they always try to offer us salads but unfortunately, I can't risk it with my allergies and they all have some type of mayo thing going on which we know Pat won't eat. :) eating here has been rather inexpensive even if we eat out. This mal only cost us about 11 american dollars. We mostly eat ramen noodles, yogurt, bread an cheese. They have lots of different flavors of fruit juice that are really good. We just bought cherry and black currant. We have also been surviving on my mom and sister's hot chocolate and tea mixes. Very heavy to get here but worth it. I can't believe we have finished our first week here. we will not see Nurik tomorrow per the schedule so it will be a long day with just the apartment, the cold, and russian tv.

This was Saturdays blog for you to start catching up! Please Pray for our court day that it will be very soon after our bonding period ends next week. Please also pray for the internet access as I asked before. It seems trivial but means alot to us. Love you guys, Ok, now we will press the button and see what happens! K-Pat

3 comments:

Hollyetta said...

I haven't looked at the blog in days and now you already have a kid. I can't believe it. I know you were overwhelmed. He is so cute!!!! I love that little sly look he seems to have and that big smile. Almost 3 what fun. 3 is much harder than 2. More trying. I just had to tell Tierney to do something for the third time before she got into trouble. I will keep on reading. L, Holly

Chris Merriman said...

In case you are interested, and didn't relaise, the salad thing is normal - staff will assume you want a 'starter' and a main course, and most people choose a salad as a starter...
When you get a moment, feel free to check my blog - www.ChrisMerriman.com - I'm a Brit now living in Astana with my Kazakh wife. (The more interesting Kazakhstan posts are the oldest ones, since then I've mainly just been posting personal stuff)
Tom (of LifeOf2Me) linked to your blog, hence my reading... Do you mind if I add a link to your site on mine?

Shannon Hendrix said...

Discipline is love's proof! ESPECIALLY for a 3 year old--no matter where you live! GREAT JOB!