Tuesday, February 20, 2007

More pics from week 1 .....


This is downtown in the square. Not
the coldest day but cold!




Flat stanley at the Amsterdam, Holland


Airport. This was a cool Lego model of the


airport.





This is our first apartment bed...
new apartment bed is good for Karen but
still too short for Pat.....thus he is on mattress
on floor!

OK, we won't press our luck anymore this is our third post in an hour. We are feeling good about touching base with you all we will try and post for Sunday tomorrow when we post for Tuesday. If that makes any sense to you! We had our coldest day yesterday and even Pat was miserable...yes it was that COLD! We will go buy him a scarf now just in case it happens again. and Ladies at work, please pass this email address to Lan Chi and Tell Lisa Purdy Hello! :) I miss you guys but we are surviving on their version of hot pockets so I still can't get away from them even a week later! ;) Bye for now! K-Pat

8 comments:

Susan said...

Glad you are back. I have missed the updates. He is adorable and seems to be having as much fun as you guys are. The pictures are so sweet. Hope your court date comes soon and maybe it will warm up. It is supposed to hit 50 degrees here today and I am actually excited about it. I printed the whold blog and sent to Aunt Wanda with pictures. She thinks he is awfully handsome and will be glad to see Carmon in his name. She is gone to Gatlinsburg today.

Anonymous said...

Hello Family,
We too are very glad to hear from you. BJ kept saying I bet they are having computer issues. My friend Lori called yesterday and said why haven't they posted. It's killing me! I need to hear what is going on. I told her I thought I was the Kitzkazadventure junky. I guess you have two now. I think cousin Susan might be there with us since I have a hard time getting to reply first. HA! HA! I'm very thankful that you all have all this wonderful support.
I love Nurik's American name. When I read it of course I cried. I know Papa Carmon would be very proud. It is so wierd to look at Nicholas(Nurik) and think he is your son. You all have been blessed with a precious little miracle.
Do you all get to come home soon after the court date?? Any earlier than expected? We are anxious for you all to get home as I'm sure you all are ready to get back in your BED. Stay warm with your spice tea and hot chocolate. We won't be needing it here in Texas. It is suppose to hit 78 degrees today (Tuesday). You just gotta love Texas weather. Sent with lots of Love and Prayers. Your Sis

Mike, Julie and Dakota said...

I love waking up to your new pix.
I've already been shopping, but if you could help me with some sizing that would be great. Dakota and I have the day off and are having a Star Wars movie fest. Talk to you soon.
Love, Julie

Mike, Julie and Dakota said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It looks like Nurik is adjusting well. I get tears everytime I get an update. I was in a surgery yesterday with Dr Bodensteiner and gave him an update of your adventure. He wants to see pictures, so I will share with him. Looks like your weather is comparable to northern WI, since we have had windchills of -45, but it is warming up now to the 30's. Can't wait until you get him home! Sending our love and prayers.

Nick and Mary Sue said...

Congratulations to the two of you and to Nurik! So glad to see that things are going well for you!

Enjoyed the picture of Zhez in winter, too. We remember 'the green room', and can empathize with you on the 'technical difficulties' you're having with the internet/internet cafe.

We'll be thinking about you - and hoping for a court date soon. Please give our best to Dr Roza and to Masha.

Mary Sue and Nick

Julie, Tim, and Peyton said...

Hey Guys! I am technically ignorant and am just now figuring out how to post! Nurik is sooo beautiful! I showed Peyton pictures of him and he prays for him every night. I can see Peyton's cheeks, mouth and nose in Nurik...aren't little Asian babies just the cutest?!?!? You know he has a playmate when he gets home. I'm sure Peyton would love to have a playmate that looks a little like him and his daddy. ;-) We are praying diligently for you guys and I have enjoyed reading your blogs daily. The Bunco girls can't wait to meet Nurik and shower him with blessings, joy and laughter. God has definately blessed you with a wonderful son. I know that God has brought you together just has He brought me to my parents so many years ago. There was an article in the paper last week that said that adoptive parents are the best parents...I would agree from my own experience. Enjoy every moment with your beautiful son. I love this process and being able to share in your joy. And as a fellow allergy sufferer...I feel you pain, and am happy to hear things are better. Sorry, Pat, I can't begin to empathize with the bed issue. ;-) Since is seems most of your respondents are from out of the Lexington area, an update on OUR weather...it has been below 30 degrees since you left, we got about 4-5 inches of snow over the weekend, then warmed up yesterday (Monday) to about 43 degrees and all the snow is gone...nothing new with KY weather! Will write more later. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Love, Julie, Tim and friend Peyton

Shannon Hendrix said...

I love the picture where Nurik/cholas is leaning his head over to your shoulder! That one speaks volumes!!!! What joy you are sharing with your online community!