Tuesday, February 13, 2007

New Beginnings....

Well, we just spent the better part of 2 hours retyping the other posts into this computer so this blog will be short. We went and visited with Nurik today and it was really HOT! They have us in very small room with doors shut and no air flow. Luckily, Nurik was able to shed clothes, we were not so lucky. We took lots of pictures but can't get them to download on these computers so we will keep pursuing this problem. Nurik was very funny and interactive at first...lots of smiles of course we caught none of them on camera. He loves music and was kept very happy with our translators ring tones. He loved our snacks and toys but soon grew weary of us all and wanted to leave. They don't allow them to leave until the time is up so we had to be very creative to keep him happy and not crying. The funny thing is that he looked at our pictures in our photo album and called Pat Papa right away. He won't have alot to do with Papa but he knows his name! Our days will continue to be much the same but we will work on getting the pictures downloaded! Thanks to all you for your comments......keep them coming...we feel closer to you when we read them. Love to all. K-Pat

20 comments:

lykins said...

Congratulations!!! Thanks for such wonderful posts- it's so nice to be able to share in this with you guys. I told Emma Claire about Nurik this morning before school, and that he is close to her age and she is VERY excited. She was still talking about it on the way to school this morning. We're looking forward to lots of playdates! Hope your allergies get much better and that everything continues to fall right into place. Please let us know if you need us to ship anything. And when you know clothes sizes, let us know- Emma Claire and I have some shopping to do!!! Love and Prayers!

Ray and Sandy said...

Oh you guys!! I was in tears reading your blogs. I am so excited for you both. I can't imagine the rush of emotions you are feeling. I am truly happy fpr you. You are right, God watches out for EVERY LITTLE thing. Let us know what you need, and we will ship it!

Love you both,
Smetz and Ray

Anonymous said...

WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Let's see if I can see to write through the tears of JOY and EMPATHY that I feel. We are so excited that Nurik has become a part of the family. Yes, it was you sis that prayed that God would reveal to you'll a sign to know who to choose. It sounds like God made it very clear through all the cloudiness that was going on within you who the luckly child should be. How blessed Nurik will be. Zach and Lyndsay are so excited about meeting their new cousin. They want to meet Nurik NOW!! Zach & I have already discussed how can we get all the Rescue Heroes to Nurik. HA!HA! We will wait alittle while. Can't wait to see pictures. My prayer is now that Nurik will bond with you both and adapt fairly easy. Keep remembering that GOD is in CONTROL and will take care of even the smallest detail-like eye solution. Lots of love and prayers, Your Sis and family

Mike, Julie and Dakota said...

Way Cool!! We can not wait to see pictures of the new family.

Anonymous said...

Yeh! We're grandparents again.
We are so excited, happy for both of you and for us. We were very tearful as we read your blog. It was beautiful and you are blessed to begin your journey as parents.
Needless to say we will love to go clothes shopping, just need some sizes. Nurik sounds like a true gift from God.

Love you both, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Don't know if we can write anything more than has already been said in previous posts, but want to let you know that we are as excited as everyone else and so glad to be grandparents again also.
I have cried all morning that perhaps papa Carmon is looking down from the windows of heaven and saying this is the one for you. Since Feb. 22 is Nurik's birthday and also George Washington's and my Dad, he will have a great legacy of fathers to learn about.
Talked with aunt Nancy this morning and they are also excited and said that he will be close to Gabe's age and we will all have to go to wyoming to play.
Must go for now,Kelly just came in and we have some errands to do
will be praying for you and pat and Nurik...Mom and Dad

hoaglands said...

Papa!!!!
You are a Papa!! and a Mama!!
What excitement, fear, anticipation. . . THIS is IT!!
We are SOO proud of you guys. . . loved hearing both perspectives, and will LOVE to send WHATEVER you need!

The queen will learn SO much from Nurik! (and have so much to teach him, too, I'm sure!

Love ya!

Beryl & Dave said...

A BIG Congrats to you both!!!! This is all so exciting and can't wait to see the photos.
Love to you both.

Shannon Hendrix said...

(Rock Nurik side to side at waist)
Tick, tock, tick, tock
I'm a little coo-coo clock
Tick tock, tick tock
Now I'm striking one o'clock....
(jump up in the air)
COO - COO!

you can go all the way to 12 o'clock but it takes some stamina! maybe this will keep you all occupied at the end of playtime! God bless, from Laura's sister in MI~

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys!! There is nothing more rewarding (and frustrating) than being a parent. We are so happy for you. Can't wait to see pictures, but I'm sure he is beautiful (and boys can be beautiful). The boys are so excited to have a new playmate close to their ages. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Safe traveling to your new family!

Schlafers said...

Congrats! We are enjoying reading your blog and are so happy that you have found your son. Nurik is a very lucky boy. We can't wait to meet him!

Tracey Kitzman said...

This is so amazing to be able to feel connected to this process. I cry the full time I read your blog, so have finally started to read it at home. On Monday, it is great however to cry tears of joy with Mom. Nurik - and all of us - as very lucky to have you. I am standing by on shipping instructions and am sure the orphanage will appreciate the baby clothes, etc.

Sulzers said...

I am so excited for you guys. Nurik could have better parents. It is midnight here so I can't tell anyone all the great news (This is the only time I ever get to use the computer...teenagers!!) I love you guys. Can;t wait for the pics. We just got a digital camera so I feel the frustration.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to wish ya'll
HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY!!!!! Hope you've had a good day. How was Nurik today? How are the allergies?? We're very anxious to see pictures.
Love ya lots,

Susan said...

Technology is the coolest thing. I felt like I was part of all this. Couln't wait to tell Aunt Wanda and called too early and woke her up. She didn't mind and is very happy for you guys too. Can't wait to see pictures.

Susan

D. Kelly said...

Like everyone else, I had tears in my eyes when I read each paragraph along the way. Can't wait to read and savor each new blog.

jyora said...

congratulations!!!!!!!!!
so now u reached the day which u r awaiting from last 6months & now ur started ur new life as parents.
Nurik is so lucky to have u as parents.Thanks for such wonderful post.

Paxton said...

WOW!! I have to tell you that I am crying as I type this because I am so happy for you both!! I cant wait for you to come home with Nurik so we can meet & do some catching up!! You are all in my prayers!! Love, Paxton

Teresa said...

Karen and Patrick,

I am so excited for you guys. I was interested in Karen's comment that Nurik has the same birthday as a grandparent and is older than you expected. We had a similar experience. Our daughter, Rachael, was older than we expected and shares special days with both sets of grandparents. The day we adopted her is my parent's wedding anniversary and her birthday is my husband's parents wedding anniversary. I would say that you and Nurik have experienced a "God Wink"!

I will post a prayer request to the adoption support group about your bonding with Nurik and your allergies.

Blessings,

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Oh boy do I have a lot to say--are you ready for a long phone call?:) I tried to type a message at work, but was blocked because your site is flagged as a "sex" site:) What kind of show are you running here!?!
Anyway...Congratulations!! Nurik sounds adorable and I love that he is stealing Pat's Food (well, technically drink) already. Poetic justice given Pat was where the serving plate stopped growing up:) I LOVE the name and wouldn't change it. Nurik Kitzman has a nice ring to it:) I'm sure you have met people from Asia with long names that tell you they go by BOB (no offense, Dad). It just doesn't seem to fit.
I was so excited when I read your blog that I couldn't help myself when I was in Kohls and bought the little guy his first present from his Auntie Erin:) Man is he going to be one spoiled(and lucky) little boy! It is a stuffed Rhino with a bowtie that is adorable. I know that it isn't Northwoods theme, but just think of him playing with it--battles between the moose and the rhino. I bet the rhino would kick butt and with style since he has a bow tie:)
My big question for you guys is-will you be introduced to other children, or were these 2 boys the only ones that they thought would be a good fit for you? Don't get me wrong, I think Nurik sounds fantastic, but I was just wondering.
I can't wait for the next entry and I hope that your eyes haven't dried up reading such a long one from me--you know how I have the gift of gab!
Love, Erin