This is our little chipmunk with his
mouth full of Kazak cheerios!
The New Family Kitzman
Juice is good!
Alex, Will and Ellie, Guess What?
The TICKLE MONSTER is in KAZAKHSTAN!!
Pat's ponderings..... Well the last two visits went better. Nurik is warming up to Karen (as seen by the tickle monster). He is still a bit afraid of me (it must be my giant size). It is still taking some getting use to being more of spectator but from what I have read this is very normal since nurik has seen almost no men in his entire life. OH WELL... I will continue to be patient and know he will trust me when he is ready and not before. I can tell you one thing, he is very, very smart and is very deft at taking things apart (which gives my folks a chuckle since I was the same when I was young) and it will make nurik proofing the house very interesting. All of us have had to endure one of our parents or grandparents giving us the I WALKED FIVE MILES TO SCHOOL IN THE SNOW, UP HILL, BOTH WAYS lecture. Well I can now tell Nurik that I did walk 1.5 miles in the snow and ice both ways to see him each day....and my story is actually real... I can say one thing, the more I look at him the more I see him as my son...WAY COOL. We are getting adjusted to the Kazak food. It is not the most light and airy food but the bread and cheese is very good..and stays with you a very long time. Well thats all from me this go around. We love reading everyones comments.
From Karen.......It is amazing to watch someone learn to trust you as I said before and I can tell each day that he is warming up just a little more. Today, we had no crying just a sad face for just a minute. He is trying so hard not to smile that it is comical. He wants to but just won't. He is letting me hold him and snuggle which I love and he loves looking at the pictures of our family especially the pages with the Ata's (Grandmas) and Apa's(Granpas). We did not have a really hot room today so our time with him was much more enjoyable. He loves his snacks and juice we bring him everyday. He is very good at holding a spoon and very good with his crayons. And, Yes, we have tried stickers and he does like them. I can't wait for him to play with all of his friends at home. He loves music and will start playing some Greater Vision and Cathedrals as soon as he is home if not before to get him ready for Apa Bill. He likes looking at flat Stanley and we have him out almost every time we go. I am amazed at how smart he is and think that this orphanage has taken great care of him considering the circumstances. God has protected him well in his wait for us. We asked the Dr. what his name means and she said Nurboulat (Nurik) means Strength and someone who is bright or brings light. Very cool, we think!
I have been a babysitter/nanny for so long that I still feel that someone will come in and be the person who will swoop up Nurik and be the one they look to for comfort so it is a very new and very special feeling to be the one that is the person that he will look to for comfort and We will be the ones that will swoop him up and be his protectors from now on. It is starting to sink in and we are enjoying the feelings! Thanks again to all of the support and prayers. The allergies are definitely getting bettter and I have been sleeping much better. Now, if we can just get Pat to quit waking up so early.....old habits are hard to break. Love you all!! Karen






21 comments:
He looks like he is having a good time. It is great to see you guys with him. I'm also enjoying the tales of the city....really 1.5 miles in the snow?? How cold is it there. It was 8 degrees here last night, so I hope you don't feel like you are missing out on anything here.
I am printing all this to send to Aunt Wanda right now....Noel wants you to know that is his suggestion...I have been calling her with updates and she is excited to hear from you guys every day. Everyone here is fine but COLD!!!
We were so happy to see more pictures this morning. I'm so impressed with how technical savvy you two are! Nurik is even more ADORABLE close up!!! Love the tickle monster picture- what a great smile. Emma loved seeing the new pics and hopped off the couch after looking at them and said "I go see him!" What a great life Nurik has ahead of him. Miss you guys! Stay warm!
Great pictures. So nice to see that his trust is growing so quickly. It shows what great parents you are. Dakota says he is "Sir Nurik of Lichtenstein" future champion of the joust!
Good Morning from Texas! Good Afternoon to ya'll. We loved the pictures! Nurik (Nicholas) has the sweetest little face. BJ has printed the pictures off for us to put on the frig. Zach is taking the picture with flat Stanley to school today. He is so proud of his cousin. Zach said the sweetest prayer for ya'll the other night. He prayed that Nurik would love his new family. It was a tear jerker. On a lighter note just want you all to know that I have become a Kitzkazadventure junky. I can't walk into the kitchen without stopping and seeing if you have written or who has. I am so thankful for technology. I'm glad to hear ya'll are sleeping better and allergies are better. Hey, I was thinking that what if Lyndsay and Nurik started their own Gospel group. OH! how extra proud papa Bill would be. I told Lyndsay that Nurik likes music. Her response was I can teach him the Strawberry shortcake jingle. Ha! Ha! Well, I gotta go for now.
Love ya'll lots, Kelly & Family
The pictures are wonderful. What a darling son you have. Pat,we always said there would be payback for some of your antics. We remem ber when we were trying to get a smiling 2 yr picture of you. Just maybe Nurik is being just a bit stubborn just like his daddy. Karen we are so glad you are now able to touch and play with Nurik. Every day will be better for all of you.
God's Love.
Well , we too are glad for the new posting and are much encouraged to see laughter and some apparent bonding going on.Now for the mundane Q & A session... Can Nicholas communicate with you yet..meaning yes/no etc. Have you shown him pictures of amigo (dog)and what does he think.Will you get to see him this weekend or just five days. You might ask for some extra time in the afternoons .we have heard from our new children's minister (they have adopted two kids from Kazak. and were allowed to see their kids also in the afternoon. You might ask if you want too.Seems like there was a lot more questions, but the crown moulding guys have come so I am going to have to quit for now and go supervise ha ha.
Love you all lots
ata martha and apa bill
Yeah!!!
He is so cute! I am so glad that you have the time to play and connect as a family. Hang in there with the time change and food. Do you need some brats from FedEx? I hate you guys have to endure the cold. It is 80° and sunny in Arizona! Congrats! We are so happy for you three!
I can't wait to read your blog each day. I sit at my computer with tears in my eyes. Nurik is beautiful! We are praying for you all daily.
There is a whole complement of energy coming your way from Boston this week. From all your colleagues and friends...Lynn, Tony, Terry, Anne, Rachel, Robbin Hickman, Art, Janice...and today Debbie Backus from Atlanta realized she was also into the nkitzadventure. You have so many prayers supporting you.We are thrilled about Nurik... and Pat, Maureen just finished the presentation and did well, though she did have a few challenging questions that I am sure she will refer to you in a few weeks! Love to all three...
Emily says: Hi Karen and Pat. Your little boy is soooooooo adorable. I can't wait for him to come and visit.
It is so wonderful to see him warming up to you. This is truly a miracle, to see the trust develop. Ethan can't wait to play outside with him. He already said he wants to have snowball fights together. :) Upon hearing that Nurik likes music, Ethan wanted to send him some of our numerous Veggie Tales CDs. John says "hello and congrats" from Minneapolis. Sending our love!
Greetings from the North! We can't wait to get up every day and check the blog site from you both! How interesting and wonderful. What a darling little boy you two have. God has surely blessed him and you and you will both be wonderful parents. Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily for an uneventful and easy transition for you all. Love Art & Con
This is so exciting - Nurik is adorable! I am getting lots of advice to pass on to you from friends here who adopted 2 Russian boys about 2 years ago. I'll sum up by saying it is tough the first year, but valuable beyond description. I am sure you already know that!
This is so exciting that you can share the experience with everyone - I love seeing the pictures, and look forward to seeing him in person.
What an adventure!
What delicious pictures! I LOVE that he has your "figure it out" spirit, Pat. Karen, I LOVE that you already feel the presence of his strength and light, and the fact that YOU were picked to protect him.
God is SO good.
Thank you for the frequent reminders!
Hoaglands
Hey Kitzman family,
Congrats from the Schilders.
Looks like the only thing missing is the Packers jersey and a brat and sauerkraut in his hand (yea I know that will come with time).
Stay Warm and safe.
Our prayers are still with you all.
Hey Pat,
Nurik is just beautiful! I hope everyone is doing well and that you guys continue to bond together. Everyone in the department is thinking about you and hoping that everything is going just smashing. Keep the pictures coming and stay safe and warm
Wow, what a cutie:) He looks like he is warming up nicely to you. I can't even imagine what he is going through!! I am glad that you are both patient and asking God's guidance through this:)
Brian's family was here this weekend and I showed them the pictures of the newest nephew! Everyone was so excited. His mom was a bit too excited! She had grand ideas of him pulling Brian's brother's 6mo down the isle at Church in a wagon at our wedding!! I had to reign her back and explain that there would be an adjustment period and time to even learn the language:) It is nice to think,though, that they want him included right away:)
I can't wait to play with Nurik and kiss those chipmunk cheeks:)
Love, Erin
Hello Pat and Karen. I just caught up on your blog. Wow! What an adventure. I am in awe of what the two of you are doing. Bringing a child into a family is always an exciting time, but sheesh! Leave it to you guys to throw in tons of extra thrills! Nurik is adorable. Don't worry, I'm sure he will warm up and be playing full contact Parcheesi with Pat in no time. I must say he looks like a natural born kayaker too!
Anyway, thanks for keeping us all posted, and Congratulations! This is something truly special. I am proud to know you both.
Well, we are finally able to leave comments! Maybe you will be sorry about this later--ha!ha! We love you guys and are thinking about you each day. All the girls from Circle are so excited for you and have been checking out your page. Ryan and Julia love seeing pictures of Nurik (as do we). We miss you!
Oh my, what a beautiful little boy and what a great name he has.
Congratulations, you are in our prayers.
Jane and Harold K
Still catching up but I couldn't leave this post without commenting how God must feel waiting for people to trust him...watching over his children...delighting in their uniqueness. Thanks for the great example of our loving Heavenly Father, Pat!
Laura's sister, Shannon
Post a Comment