Nick looking at his favorite book that Pat and I know backwards and forwards now....can't wait to get home to a new supply!
Nick finding an easter egg!
Nick wanted to participate in the egg race.....pretty good huh!
I finally figured out that the computer that I sat at didn't allow blogger so I should be able to get on regularly! ha! Luckily, Pat was using a different computer and was always able to get on.....
Thanks Kristina for the Word.....although, I almost did the ugly Opray cry while reading it in the internet cafe but was able to compose myself quickly. Isn't there a verse somewhere about a good Word being good for the soul....well, it definitely helped.
We haven't heard much additional news today. I will check emails from our travel agent to see what he is going to do about our flights. I would like to wait and change them at the last minute but I don't know if they allow it. Since we don't know about our doctor visit yet, as much as I know God can do a miracle, I am not sure it is His will this time. Our Coordinator is also out of town so it is harder to communicate with his other workers.
As hard as it is for Pat to leave us, it will be such a relief for me that someone is headed home. It at least means that we will escape this place someday. It makes me happy to know Pat can go home and get a headstart on Nick-proofing the house. We have to remove anything that he can hurl, pull down or thrash so that when he continues to adjust, he will have a safe environment.
He has hit his poor little head so many times that I think I will ask for a skull xray to make sure he doesn't have any cracks. I know he has to have headaches all of the time but these kids don't show pain so it is hard to tell if his fits are related to pain or anger or both.....
He continues to crack us up with all of his new words and sounds. He does make a wildcat sound and unfortunately we have a little crocodile so we have taught him the Florida sign for the sound...I know, I know...so bad. We have a badger picture and we keep trying to get him to say go Wisconsin or beat Michigan but no luck yet. He is trying to say I love you which sounds like I laa waa....but he does it with such emphasis, you know what he is saying...heartwarming for sure!
I hope my nanny skills kick in for the flight home or actually I just hope other people are patient! We miss our Zhez people. Very honest and helpful even if they don't smile. We are experiencing big city rudeness and when we are a little sad anyway, it is enough to put you to tears in the grocery line...almost. They have an issue with correct change at the store closest to us and we can't figure it out.....they huff and puff and roll their eyes....it's enough to make me want to cuss and you know that is extreme. They also like to get a little extra money at the internet cafe by rounding up. We never had that problem in Zhez. And, mostly we miss Masha. She was so helpful and funny. We pretty much are on our own here as we have not been able to connect with the people we thought we would. Hopefully, we can finally get a hold of some for the weekend. We would like to see a few more things so we can buy some souvenirs but have no way of knowing where these places are. Oleg will be back Tuesday but I hope we can get some stuff done before then.
I hope the BUNCO girls have a great time Friday. I miss you guys tons and have appreciated all of your comments and support. It is so meaningful especially right now. I will probably not blog once Pat leaves but will have him catch everyone up from the homefront on the site. We will have more pics of Almaty soon. We would love to take some of their big government buildings but you are not allowed. We tried a mountain shot yesterday so we will see how that one looks soon.
Everyone have a great rest of the week and we will keep you updated as much as soon as we know something. Love to all of you! K-Pat and Nick






1 comment:
Pat - I will wave to you as our planes cross paths over the Atlantic. I know the homecoming will be tough, but Nick & Karen will be home soon enough. It also sounds like you will have a good project in Nick-proofing the house! I remember when you cleaned the place within an inch of its existence when you were meeting with the adoption agency folks. Bet that seems like a lifetime ago.
Karen - Hang tough! We are all with you and Nick.
Love,
Tracey
Post a Comment