Hello everyone...Pat here.....Well one more day and we head to the big city for the much needed change in scenery. Karen and I are in a bit a better mode today...no choice. Thanks for the great comments..especially Erin. Tell Brian he may need to go just a bit further than the letter of the law when it comes to his chores for you. I hope Meeko wasn't too traumatized.
Well it appears Nick works on the rule of three at times. His first bath he was very scared, his second bath he tolerated it, his third bath this morning we couldn't get him out of the tub. We ended up tag-team bathing. First mama and Nick then Papa and Nick. Finally papa had to pull the plug and let the water drain out. At least he isn't afraid of the water, which is a good thing considering all the activities we like to do in WI at our lake.
Nick really enjoys our daily walks and last night we spent a lot of time examining tree bark, branches, buds, etc on many trees. He likes to just walk aimlessly. Unfortunately he has not mastered the gazing and walking at the same time and tends to trip a lot. Luckily he doesn't have far to the ground.
Well that is about all from me. Hopefully Karen can post tonight or tomorrow before we leave. I know it sounds like a broken record, but thanks to all of you for your support, prayers, and in the case of our co-workers..extra work. Hopefully we can post while in Almaty and lets hope the adventure is close to a conclusion...at least where the traveling is involved.
Pat
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
We were glad to read your blog today.
We tried to call for over an hour last night and just could not get through. A new area will be good for all of you, and some company with other English speakers will be nice. Say Hi to Kirsten for us.Nick will have lots of new things to see and do. Can't even imagine what he will be thinking about everything (including the plane trip).
We are in the middle of a really good snowstorm. Not what we wanted, but its typical of April.
At least it won't last long.
We are so anxcious to meet our new grandson, and of course to see both of you.
Love you, Mom and Dad
Bath time is often entertainment at our house too. Hayden has a pair of swim goggles that he wears and stays in until the water is too cold to stand any more. We are also having crazy April weather. It was 86 last night, then we had MAJOR thunderstorms and high winds and the high today is supposed to be 46!!! How crazy is that. I know....you don't feel the least bit sorry for us, that is a heat wave for you guys.
Hope you find Almaty entertaining and have lots of new things to do.
Hi KAren and Pat,
Greetings from Tom Toomey (Tracey's friend) formerly of Astana now back in NYC. Got caught up on your blog after all my travels. Nick looks very cute and seems like you're all bonding well. Hang on to that sense of humour and flexibility--you still need it in the big city. I know what you're going through. If you have a chance, take your laptop to Cafe Delia in Almaty, order a capuccino, enjoy the wifi and relax. An hour in there and you'll be reenergized and ready to for all the fun paperwork. Good Luck!!
I have enjoyed your blog so much and love hearing all the cute stories about Nick. He is adorable and I can't wait to meet him. Hang in there! I don't think any of us can imagine what you all are going through.
Martha Stewart said that she was leaving today for Kaz. I thought that was interesting and it made me think of you all.
Everything here is about who the next coach will be?!?
I'll continue to pray!
Dannette
Hey Pat and Karen,
Glad I could amuse you with our learning lessons of how men and women interprut instructions differently:) Meeko is doing well now and still loves his male-bonding with Brian:)
As always, I love the stories of Nick and enjoy thinking of the poor kid veering of to one side when checking something out walking:) Hopefully the tripping isn't too bad. I am glad to hear that he likes the water and can't wait to see his reaction to the water activites at the cottage. I am sure Dakota will have fun "showing him the ropes". I bet he would have fun chasing the crayfish too!!
I wish you much luck tomorrow with your travel plans, but know that all of our prayers are going to be with you and that the trip will go smoothly:) At least you will not have to go through customs this time-yeah!!
Know that I am thinking of you all the time and love you all very much:)
Love, Erin
Karen,
I don't even know what to say. I was in bed last night after reading the train post and just prayed and prayed some more for you all. I had happened to look up encourage in my concordance for a meeting I was supposed to attend but that got cancelled. Now I realize these scriptures were for you all:
Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need (Heb 4:16).
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (Ro 15:5,6).
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Ro 15:13)
I just pray that Almaty with it's change of scenery and food will give you a new sense of adventure -- one step closer to bring Nick home. I am excited because Almaty is on the world map I have been using so now I know where you all are! It just blows my mind to think of you all so far away. I thank God for the technology that we have today to keep in touch with each other! You all hang in there! We love you -- Kristina
We are continuing to enjoy each new blog with the 3 of you. Everyone sends their best wishes for you and your next few weeks.
Post a Comment