We purchased our airline tickets to Almaty and will leave on Thursday for new pastures. Hopefully our stay there will not be very long (a few days), then back to HOME!!!!!...so hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train.
Our time in Jez has been interesting (and boring at times) and we are looking forward to going to a larger City and seeing other Americans and hopefully eating some better food (YEAAAAA).
NOTE: for those who are emailing us on our yahoo account...we haven't been able to access it for the past 5 days so we aren't ignoring you...we just can't reply at the moment. By the way, good luck and safe travels to my world traveling sister on her newest trip..take a lot of pictures.
We will weekend went fairly well. Team Kitzman is getting a bit smoother...not quite up to NASCAR level...more like one step above Demolition Derby level..but making small improvements. Nap time seems to give the largest level of problems...Nick gets so tired and just can't deal as well without the structure he grew up with his entire life at the orphanage. Hopefully when we get settled in at home things will improve a lot. At least bed time has been so much better with the new approach of just letting his training/scheduling kick in at it's normal time.
Not much happening here...we take our daily strolls with Nick and he loves looking at everything...I mean everything. And just trying to keep focused on trip to Almaty.
Well that is all for today...my eloquent wife will touch base tomorrow. Have a wonderful week everyone and we are almost home. Love. Patrick and family
Monday, April 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Hi guys. It is so good to hear your updates. Nick is gorgeous, our little man will be two next week and I think we are getting pre-views (via Nick) of what Orin will look and be like next year!! These Kaz kiddies - gotta love them!!!! So you are heading to Almaty this week?? I spent 9 weeks there last spring, it is a great place and you will hopefully meet up with adoptive families. Mad Murphy's Irish pub (just off Dostyk) is a great meeting place, there is a small play structure outside of it and the food is good also!! The Ramstore mall is also a good place for families to meet up, there is a fast food chicken restaurant there that has a pretty good climbing structure our daughter loved (Nick may be a little small for it but he could probably give it a good shot!!)
Hopefully your team in Almaty will bring you to Medeo (the mountains) really is beautiful. If you are looking for souveniers go to the Tsum store (you can bargain down the price!!)or the Green Bazaar has good prices!!
So happy you are in the home stretch!!
The Keogh's in Toronto!
Hey Pat and Karen,
I am so glad to hear that nighttimes are going better!! Nick sounds like quite a cute kid and I love hearing the stories-never a dull moment:) My coworkers and I are wondering what his going rate is for cleaning? We are very excited to have him come through Madison and are sure that we will have plenty of work for him:)
Not much is new here. I have still been fighting my cold and think that I am in the final leg of it-yeah! It has been very rainy here with tons of thunderstorms. I love the storms, but poor Meeko has spent a lot of time in the closet.
Brian and I are looking forward to Easter up at Mike and Julie's. Tracey, Mom and Dad will all be there, so it should be a good time. Dakota has some new playstation game that we will have to check out:)
I will be thinking of you and praying hard that everything goes as planned Thurs:) Love Auntie Erin
Hello K, P, & N,
How is everyone doing? Hope all is going as good as it can. Just a few more days and you are on your way. Hang in there!!
Mom said that Nick had a rough night the other night. Can you ask Masha or Dr. Rosa if he had these night terrors at the orphanage? Or is it just from all the stress of the huge change? I can't imagine what is going on in the little guys head. I know that it is hard on you both. I believe mom and dad are calling tomorrow (Tuesday)night. Hopefully, they will wait so I can talk to ya'll a minute. We are all getting so anxious for you all to get home. I know we don't even know how bad you guys want to be home. Mom said the place that you are in now is not very good. I can't wrap my brain around what you guys have been through.
I've gotta go. Zach has his first baseball game tonight. They scheduled it at 7:45p. What are they thinking? The kids are usually in bed by 8:30p. I guess Lyndsay and I will leave early so she will be able to get up in the morning. I will also need to get some rest before I have to battle with the bear in the morning. OH MY pay back is not fun. No laughing from you. Ha! Ha! Again, hang in there. We are praying ya'll home.
Sent with lots of love,
Kelly & Family
Better late than never. We are finally making a comment. We have been keeping up with you from the beginning. We want to let you know that Nick sounds like a very typical 3 year old or he and Todd are exactly alike. We understand the biting and the testing of wills because all that goes on in our house too. The biting has improved and has become rare.
Three year olds are fun and entertaining. It is a great age.
We just got home from Zach's game. They won 21-6. Zach did so good. He hit everytime and made a double play once. We might have a professional ball player on our hands? I wish you could of seen his little face. The smile was from ear to ear. He was so proud of himself. He even got the gameball for such a great game. Just thought I would share. Wanted to keep you in the loop. We are very proud also.
I've got to go make our awesome player a BIG snack before bed. He says he is starving. Have a great day while we are sleeping. Send some more cute pictures if you can.
Love ya'll,
Kelly & family
Hey Cousin Scott & Lynette,
Seems like you have left something out. I don't believe all you needed to say came through??????:)
Post a Comment