Sunday, April 15, 2007

The husband has landed

Well it is going on 27 hrs of being awake and I am gratefully back home. The Flights were a bit nerve racking. When I left Almaty I was told that I was going to be on standby on the connecting flight in Amsterdam and since they were overbooked most likely I would not make that flight (not to mention there was only 20 min between getting off my flight from Almaty to when I needed to be checked in). But God does have a way to work things out and as I checked with the desk I was told that I would be at the top of the waiting list and low and behold a seat became available. The only down side is I came off of a 6.5 hour flight right into an 8 hour flight. I did get caught up on my movies.

I must admit that within 30 min of leaving Almaty I was feeling very bad about leaving Karen and Nick but I know Karen is strong and can handle Nick. Plus by being rested and getting some of my work out of the way when she and the little man come home Karen can rest and I will take care of everything else.

Did I mention that it is so wonderful to be back in the USA and to see family (Karen's folks are in town).

I hope to check in with her tonight (provided I can stay awake) and will fill people in tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their support and prayers. K-Pat and Nick

P.S. I lost 30 lbs on the Kaz diet plan. Needless to say the pants are a bit baggy.

2 comments:

Ray and Sandy said...

We are so glad you are home, safe and sound. I think you are right, you will have a few days to get used to the time, get caught up, EAT! Good grief, 30 pounds Pat? Anyway, get your home ready for Karen and Nick. What a great homecoming that will be. I know you can't wait!

Smetz

Unknown said...

Pat, praise God for your safe, and uneventful trip home! Y'all have been on my mind so much and in my prayers. I especially pray for Karen and Nick as they wait to return, and the plane trip.

cathy bush