Friday, April 27, 2007

Grandparents are so COOL!


My new stool from Alex, Will, and Ellie! I love bananas.

3 generations of Kitzmans!

Ata Bob walking Nick to the park.....How sweet it is!

I am not too sure about these bouncy things but I guess I will try them all.

The Packers beat the Cowboys.....first hat means first loyalty?

I am quite handsome with my new hat.

Nick prepared a feast for his Moose guests.....he quietly did this while we were all talking ...it was adorable!

I had a great time with my Grandparents. They are so cool and they do whatever I ask and smile alot!

Showing Grandma Ruth my great knowledge about colors.

Grandpa Bob is continuing where Grandpa Bill left off......

Grandpa (Ata) Bill had to leave today but we had a great time!

One last book with Grandma (Apa) Martha before she goes......
As you can see, Nick continues to blossom in his new home. We have gone many places and he has adjusted great. We have been thrilled at his comfort level with the grandparents and he is even warming up to our dog Amigo......this may not be such a good thing for Amigo....watch that tail!
He continues to sleep well and we did not see even one day of jet lag problems....praise the Lord!
We are continuing to get adjust to life as a family and daily find things that we have to make runs to Target and Wal-mart to buy......going from Baby mode to 3 year old mode left us a little unprepared in some areas but we are catching up. We figure clothes and food are really the only important things.....and maybe the potty seat for kids. :)
We are looking forward to the weekend with Pat's folks and then will attempt the both parents working without childcare for a week and a half schedule adjustment but we will make it work.....Pat just may have some late hours next week.
Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy the pics....we sure enjoy sharing them with you!
K-Pat and Nick











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Thank you for sharing the pictures. You know you have to keep doing this at least once a week. It is killing me not to live closer so I can share in all the fun times.
Mom and dad got home safe. They are already gone out doing stuff. Have a great time with Pat's parents.
Love to all,
Kelly

Kristina said...

Karen,
I checked the blog after email so I hadn't seen the pics yet. I love the one with Nick in the middle with both sets of grandparents on the either side -- what a treasure that is -- he is so blessed! Also loved the little tea party (or dinner whatever boys do) with his stuffed animals. The love to immitate grown-up stuff and their interpretations are fascinating! I really think he and Libby will get along fabulously! When we get back from the beach we would love to have you all over for a playdate -- I think you will be out of work then. We will continue to pray through this transition as well. There is a place called Hartland Gym over by the Kroger (in Hartland obvioulsy!) It is $4 and hour but they have a great place to run around, climb, jump etc. They have trampolines the same height as the floor so no falling off. They have a pit where you can swing and fall into. Lots of mats to build with and climb. Rings to swing on, balance beam to walk on, and also one of those inflatable slides that you can climb up like a mountain on one side. It was a great place this winter or rainy day when we needed to get out of the house. Libby lasts about an hour and a half and then she is worn out. Does he nap in the afternoon? Just tell Pat that he can always go there if he needs something special! You all take care -- Kristina

Ray and Sandy said...

Thanks for the pictures. So cute, walking holding hands with grandpa and sitting in grandparents laps reading! He is so fortunate to have all 4 grandparents. We are glad to hear that the transition continues to be smooth. He is adorable! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Love,
Smetz and Ray

Unknown said...

I love the picture of Nick walking between Pat and Bob. I cannot believe how quickly he has adjusted. I think your staying in Kazakstan all that time and letting him get used to you on his turf had to help. You both also obviously have been very nurturing, so he feels safe when everything is so new.

Keep up the good work! May you continue to be blessed.

Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

Hey Pat, Karen and Nick,
How precious is the picture of Pat, Nick and Dad?!! I love all of the pictures and will have to figure out how to get them onto a CD to print them out. It sounds like you had a wonderful time with Karen's parents and wer having a fun weekend with mom and dad. I know they were counting the days until they could see you and meet their new Grandson:)

I don't envy you this week, and will keep you in my prayers. I am thankful that Pat had a flexible job that allows him to change his hours and that Karen is able to quit her job and stay home with Nick after this week. Hang in there and remember to catch each other in the passing and exchange words of encouragement, love and a hug:)

What a little trooper your boy is. He seems to be adapting beautifully! Good job:) I think he is the cutest 3 year old I have ever seen-do you think I am biased? Brian and I are so excited to meet him in June!

I just had my first wedding shower with Brian's family this last weekend and had a really nice time. His mom, sister and sister-in-law worked really hard on the decorations, huge spread of food, and thinking up fun games. We got to dress the 2 Grandmas up as brides using toilet paper for our fabric. They were just beautiful:) I am lucky enough to have 3 more showers and a spa day with my girlfriends in Wisconsin Dells:)

Talk to you this week,
Love, Erin