Friday, March 2, 2007

Assignment America

Ok, nothing like the Internet cafe rebooting the whole system right before you can send your rather witty, and funny blog for the day. So, you are getting the short and sweet version now.

We know our blogs are getting routine so it is your turn to tell us how you are doing. We want to know about kids, dogs, sports, weather, WORK, food (tell us how it smells and tastes). We are surviving fine with less food, conveniences, and stress but we are starting to miss relationship. So your assignment is to get on the comment section of our blog and tell us what is going on with you....prayer requests, funny stories, whatever! We value our relationships now more than you will ever know. Girls, at work, this means you! Who is making hot pockets this week?? Looks like Jess has figured it out so ask her. No gossip or HIPAA violations, just good clean news!

We love you guys and miss you all terribly! Prayers go out to the Hounchells and Sue Queen and family! Don't let us down! Is that enough guilt words, cause you know I can add more....can't I , Lan Chi? :) K-Pat

9 comments:

Susan said...

I'll try to do a longer one over the weekend. Basically life with Hannah Beth and Hayden is RUN,RUN,RUN. We allowed Hannah Beth to try out for the middle school soccer team because they assured us NO ONE ever makes to team as a 5th grader. It will be good experience we thought. Well, of course, she made it. So now we have practice every day from 6-8. That is in addition to piano, dance, basketball and play practice....oh and work. Hayden is playing basketball and Noel is doing lots of taxes. I'll fill you in more later. At least I can comment :)

Carrie, Mark & Mikey said...

I have had to work all week...3 days at the job and a conference all day on Thurs/Fri. After trying to juggle it all, I am very grateful only work 2 1/2 per week! Mikey is going into the circus...he has started standing on his rocking horse and letting go with his hands! No falling *yet* but I am sure it will come! Also, trying to walk down the plastic slide at Stacy's instead of the traditional way! He's getting pretty good and can make it all the way down before he does his "stunt-man" roll for a fantastic finish. The word of the week had been "TRUCK" and the louder the better. But, it's lost favor and now we are waiting for the announcement of the new word of the week. Mark is hanging in at work...busy as ever! We miss you much and think of you many times a day!! We LOVE You!!

Unknown said...

Dear Karen and Pat,
My hubby and I have been reading your blog, and remanising our adoptions. We traveled in March of 2004 and June of 2005 to Zhez to adopt our daughters. First adoption was 8 weeks in country, 5 of them I was alone as hubby needed to leave to return to work and our teens at home. The second adoption, was 12 weeks, I was alone for 7 of the weeks. We brought our first daughter back to Zhez to see her caregivers, Dr Roza and the ladies at the Samsung who became family to us! During our second adoption we stayed in an apartment for 3 weeks as the President came to Zhez and we couldn't stay at a hotel. The long quiet days you are experiencing will soon be filled with much excitement and routine once you return home. Many times I reflect on those times as the solitude slow pace and quiet was a nice change. We pray the weather gets warmer so you can get out and explore and learn more of the wonderful culture. Please give Masha and Dr Roza our love, we deeply love them for all they have done for us.
Roberta and Craig Sabre

lykins said...

Hi guys! We enjoy the blogs and the pics so much. Nothing too new here...Emma saw Disney on Ice and had her first sleep-over last night- What fun! We are all sooooo tired this afternoon. Emma is getting braver and better at gymnastics every week, and that is translating to her jumping off of everything in sight- "Safety landing" as she says during her jumps. I'm sure she'll want to teach Nicholas that when she sees him. No big trips for d'Art right now- YAY! That's all from here. You guys take care and keep us posted! Love y'all!

Anonymous said...

O.K. I'm starting this out with.. I ask Lyndsay what we should tell Aunt KK and Uncle Pat that is going on with us. Her response is tell them we love them. Then she said she hopes Nick is feeling better. Finally, she wants you all to come home safe.
Lyndsay and I are home alone for the evening. Zach and BJ have gone to Leonard, TX with some friends. They are staying in a RV tonight and doing all the fun boy things BJ grew up doing. Lets see they are riding 3-wheelers, mini-bikes and eating lots of junk food. Yeah your sis is alittle nervous but they will have a great time if they will just wear their helmets Ha! Ha!. I made myself very clear when they left. Ha! We are on Spring break this next week. We are looking forward to slowing down and relaxing some. We will probably help mom and dad get some things in order. They were suppose to get their tile today but of course that didn't happen. Hopefully, on Monday it will get done. We still are trying to figure out the back-splash?? This process has about done our parents in.
Now something you all can pray about is for Dad. He really has been in alot of pain. He is a trooper but it is starting to wear him down. He is suppose to go to the pain management Doc on the 8th of March. Just pray that the Doc can help him. I'll hush rattling on. Have a nice weekend. We love you all lots. Oh! BJ had an idea regarding you all having issues with sending the blogs. Have you tried typing it in Word? Then cut and paste it into the blog. You might have already tried this. Just a thought. Haven't heard anything regarding Pat Hounchell. Will let you know as soon as we do. Really, I'll hush now.
Love you all,
Kelly & family

Hollyetta said...

Hi,
I have been working and trying not to be nauseous. You would think I should know how to spell that. I have good days and bad days. Tierney is Sha-Tierney today. She has 12 braids in her hair today all with little different colored plastic barretts. I didn't take her out of the house. Michael has gone off to Conroe for a race this weekend. Nothing exciting here on my end. L, H

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,
I love reading your blogs and seeing all of the wonderful pictures of Nurik. He is soooo cute! I am happy to hear that he is bonding with you and that things are progressing well. I hope that his cold clears quickly-poor tyke:( I have had fun shopping for him-yipee! I have gotten him some clothes and toys. Would it be more helpful to send them to you in Kaz or wait until you get home? The clothes are pants/shirts combo, but more of spring outfits, so may be a bit chilly without a sweater. It did get him an adorable jean jacket that I couldn't resist!!:) Oh, What fun:)

Brian and I have been very busy with Wedding planning. We have decided on the menu for the rehearsal diner-ham or meat lasagna. The reception will be chicken piccata, stuffed beef florentine, penna pasta with bell peppers, and the option of chicken fingers for the kids. Hopefully that reminds you of the good food waiting for you at home:) My favorite part has been the cake tasting. I never realized how much I adore wedding cake!!! We are having white cake with raspberry filling and chocolate cake with raspberry filling-yummy:) We just met with the florist again because she seemed to have forgotten all the men in our wedding:) She counted the groomsmen and dads, but forgot that there are grandfaters and godfathers to go with the grandmothers--oops. Glad we caught that now! A lot of the planning has been fun, but some has been quite stressful. Brian and I have fun thinking about eloping. I know we won't, but some days, it seems like a very good option!

The weather has been nuts here! We got 14 1/2 inches of snow last Sat in a blizzard. It was the craziest thing because it didn't just fall evenly. There was a lot of wind,so there were really high drifts and hardly any snow elsewhere. Brian is on call for plowing and I didn't see him at all last weekend. He got up at 2am on Sun am and then came in the house a hour later. He said "can you help me, my truck is stuck?". He then left. Being the perky girl I am in the morning (NOT) I fully understood the situation-not at all. I thought I was supposed to pull him out of the ditch. Nope! His truck was stuck 2 blocks down in the STREET in a snow drift that covered the front of his Dodge Ram. It took 4 of us 2 hours to get his truck out and we had 2 snowblowers going!! The best part is, once we got his truck home his boss called and said he was at the end of the subdivision to pick him up to still go plowing:) The poor guy didn't even get out of plowing for the day:(!

I have to say that I am soooo glad I asked for money for a snowblower for my birthday. Everyone laughed, but now whose laughing?!? You would have loved to see me snow blowing our driveway and sidewalks. I foundout that the "rabbit" setting is a bit too fast for me--I plowed over part of our lawn--oops:) I needed to put it on the "turtle" setting for the rest of the snowplowing:)

Brian and I are once again taking our Ballroom dance class. We are taking the beginner class over for a refresher. I told myself and him that I wouldn't yell at him this year:) So far he is doing really good and I only yelled at him at the end of the 2nd lesson. Big improvement from last year where it was a constant scolding:) We had our instructor listen to our wedding music for our first dance and tell us which type of dance to do with it. We will be doing the very hip Fox trott. Man, how many people go to their friends and say, "do you want to go out and fox trott tonight?"? I am not thinking too many, but that is our best dance and the one that goes with the music. Hopefully we won't go blank when the music starts:)

Tomorrow, Mike, Julie, Dakota, Brian and I are hitting the slopes at Rib MTN. I don't think Brian is too thrilled to go, but Mike and I are very excited to go. Hopefully Brian will feel more comfortable on the hill tomorrow and like skiing a bit more. Julie is actually going. She has skate skis and regular skis. I am very proud of her and excited to see how she does. It will be nice to have her and Brian together learning at the same time. Maybe that will help boost both of their confidence. Say a little prayer we all come back in one piece and that we are all talking to one another:)

I did get an e-mail from Norma and she wanted me to pass on that"EVERYTIME I open Pat and Karen's blog, I tear up and pray for them. Their writings and feelings are reactions and pictures are so heartwrenching with them being so far away and in such cold country. Their blogs have been WONDERFUL...and I feel handicapped in being unable to tell them. When you next write them, please tell them that many others are thinking about them all and praying for their completion of this journey homeward soon." I offered to help her set up a google account, but she said her computer was too old and unreliable. Know that she is thinking of you and reading every word:)

I hope all is going well and that the polor freeze will lift soon. All my love and prayers:)
Erin
P.S. We were going to get Brian's google account opened tonight, but he feel asleep on the floor watching CSI:) We will get it set up on Sun when he is recouperating from skiing!

Anonymous said...

We just got word that Pat came through surgery great. They were able to get all the tumor. She was already able to move her legs pretty soon after surgery which apparently is very good. Give hugs and kisses to Nick today from us.
Love,
Kelly

Brian Alft said...

I hope this works. I set up the account without Erin. She is sleeping on the couch so I thought I would try it out. Erin & I met Mike for skiing at Granite Peak yesterday. We had a great day of skiing. I'm doing better than the first time we went out at Christmas time. I was able to get off the bunny hill this time. Erin & I are now headed to the movie Wild Hogs. We'll talk to you later. Hope everthing is going great.
Brian