Monday, March 26, 2007

Karen is on nap detail today so you get a short one from papa today. Masha stopped by to have us sign Nicks passport papers...so this process is moving a long (very slowly but surely). As Karen stated thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. They have made all of the difference. We read the blog site of the newest couple from the USA to come to Kaz and they are having a great time in Karagonda with other families finishing their adoption process....they go out to eat and bowl together, etc. Karen and I have been on our own since the beginning...It has once again shown me how very blessed I am to be married to Karen because delay and adversity has only made our bond stronger (I know blahhh). Enought of the downer thoughts...

The Kissing monster was at it big time last night. He even made many appearance at the foot of the bed where I am sleeping...yes I am still sleeping on the floor. he peeks his head over, taps my shoulder and then kisses me. Unfortunately, his nightly cough woke him up at 3:30 and he wouldn't go back to sleep. So he and papa slept went in to the living room and fell asleep on the floor so that Karen could try to get some sleep in the bed room..she had been fairly sick with a sinus infections for the last few days and is pretty drained. Your prayers for her return to health would be appreciated.

Nick has been fun to watch during his walks because his brain is acting like a super absorbent sponge. He also has become very animated in doors. Any fears of his not speaking or being able to get close to use have been quickly dispelled. He acts like the energizer bunny on a sugar rush.

Well I need to go to the store and back to the family. All of our best to everyone.

K-Pat

5 comments:

Nick and Mary Sue said...

Karen and Pat,
'Hello' again from a fellow Zhez adoptive family. It sounds like you are having a great deal of fun with your new son - that's terrific!

Not that it's much help, but my husband and I certainly understand how you're feeling these days about the waiting for the final paperwork, wanting to get home and all that. I hope the weather cooperates and that you are at least able to be out and about some. The only suggestion I would have, if you can swing it, is you may want to consider going to Almaty a few days earlier ... we found it to be a nice town to explore, we had fun with the kids. Still wanted to get home, but a change of scenery helped a ton. We did end up staying at a hotel and ran into some other adoptive families, which also helped a great deal. In any case, we know at least some of how you're feeling.

Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Everyone is asking when you'll be home and I'm telling them not quite yet:) Your writings are precious and I cry every time I read them. What a treasure Nicholas is--and what joy God has allowed you to see and experience! I am writing with a heavy heart because Allison's mom passed away this past weekend. Jon's dad is really sick as well. Please keep them in your prayers! Tonight is visitation and tomorrow is funeral. Also, the Pittmans from Thailand are traveling today with little Gracie. She will be at UK.

We miss you guys! Talk to you soon! Kelly

John & Karen said...

Karen & Pat,
Good to hear the great stories about how Nurik is adjusting. Sorry that you are sick, we will pray that you will get better soon. We will also pray that God will speed up your paperwork is that is in His will. Our cousins leave on Tuesday for Latvia for their first trip in adopting a 12 year old girl named Rita.

Ya'll are in our prayers!!

John & Karen Stewart

D. Kelly said...

We are getting all the flowers to come up here in celebration of your return. You guys are the blog King and Queen. It really is book material to read what your posts. We are hugging you all in our thoughts.

Ray and Sandy said...

The kissing monster, how adorable!!! In a way, how nice to be removed from the hussle and bussle at home so you can do nothing but soak each other up! Your stories are great. We can't wait to meet him and hug you guys!!
Hope Karen feels better soon.

Love you!
Smetz