Erin you get the award for the most info in one comment. You Rock! Such funny stuff and glad to hear the wedding update! Grandma Norma, we think of you too. Nurik will be so happy to have a Great Grandma like you!
All the rest of you that have commented so far, thanks and we love it! Holly, you cracked me up out loud with the Sha-Tierney braid story! and Carrie, Mikey takes the energy of his mom into acrobatics, what a thrill! and Congrats to Hannah Beth on making the soccer team, Sorry Susan and Noel! ;) Emma, we are sure Nurik will love gymnastic moves also as his favorite position is up in the air (lately, all the time). and we are quite sure BJ and Zach will have on their helmets because they listened to you, sis, HA! Thanks for the update on Pat and we will continue to pray for them and Dad! I will say this in a public forum so everyone can call mom and tell her to FORGET THE STINKIN BACKSPLASH.....who needs it! GOOD LUCK with the kitchen and we will continue to pray for it to be finished......alas, we well know that this is the most trying part of remodeling....the finishing.
And to all the adoptive families reading this....thanks for reading along with us, we know that you have been where we are or are going there soon. It is truly a great adventure if you just make the choice to go with the flow. Everything is out of your control....this God will teach you often but it is a special journey. And, No, you don't have to bring toilet paper...they have more expensive kinds like ours here although they probably think you are crazy for buying it when the cheaper crepe paper kind is available. Make sure you bring games......make the space! We brought lots of books and unfortunately, I am almost already done with all of mine so now I will read Pat's! ;) Bring Magazines....Masha like to look through them....maybe some regional ones like midwest living or southern living or something from your city. Oh, and don't assume that just because something makes it thru american customs that it will make it through European customs....they have a 100 ml limit which is probably a lot less than our just whatever you can fit in a clear plastic bag limit. So just pack everything in your suitcases especially your contact solution! ;)
We visited Nurik today and have had an interesting few days with him having some sores in his mouth from the virus/cold that he had. He cries alot but we have learned that if we just pick him up and rock him that he will calm down and maybe he really just wants to be held. Probably the most he has been held since birth, I would imagine. Not alot of smiles so not many pictures although we are taking some around town to post next time. Nurik also has a hurt finger from a hang nail so we think he may think that we are bringing sickness and pain on him...
But, he definitely likes us to hold him a bunch now and that is great. I can feel my biceps toning as we speak. He reminds me of Will (one of my favorite twin boys) who never would let us sit down while holding him.....always stand...never sit....Will would cry just like Nurik does. I even have to do the same rock, bounce, sway that I did with Will....You were good practice for me Will!!
Well, I won't press our luck any further. Yes, Kelly we tried to cut and paste and only gibberish text comes up from our computer onto theirs so we don't know if we have a newer version of word or what. All the commands are in Russian so it is hard to play around with the stuff. Their computer guys tried to get it to post and they couldn't get it either. so who knows. We need BJ and Uncle John here to figure it out because it would be so much easier to type at home and then cut and paste.
Well, we love all of you and keep the comments coming. We want to see lots on Monday!!
K-PAT
Saturday, March 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
It's a beautiful day in Cleburne, TX...praying that it's headed your way today as well.
I just spoke with our cousins Tonya,Steve and daughter Evelyn they are anxiously awaiting word on their invitation to Latvia to meet with their daughter-to-be Rita 11 yrs..."the waiting room" as Tonya calls it seems to be unbearable at times. She goes back to her verse from the Lord...Isaiah 64:4 "For since the world began, no ear has heard, and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him!" Biblegateway.com has other language translations, how cool!
Hope you are encouraged today and enjoy this precious time. We will be praying as the court time comes so near. Karen & John
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't written this week. I've worked extra at work. I am glad you are having success with the bonding. It is very cold and windy here. A small glimpse of spring then back to winter. Stephen is his same challenging self. Michael is DEFINITELY a teenager!! Emily is DEFINITELY a girl!! Since you have prayer time, please pray for wisdom on how to deal with all of them. I know better than to pray for patience. Laura and Heath came over last weekend. We had Stefanina's Pizza and played Guitar Hero and Dance Dance Revolution. What a sight. I think maybe Heath missed his calling. He should have been a rock star. I can't wait till you guys are home. We love you and miss you.
K-PAT,
The rock star is performing here even as we speak. "A sight" doesn't even describe it.
I am "adjusting" (with the help of Lexapro) to my new position of supervisor. Every day is a learning experience, right?
Olivia is finally getting into aquatic therapy. She has learned to kick her feet and splash. It has transformed bathtime a bit, however. I have to chuckle (as I blow a disc) trying to keep her head out of the bath water in the tub while she tries to flop onto her tummy and kick :)
We LOVE the pictures and your comments. We miss you and CANT WAIT to introduce Nick Nurik to Stephanino's!!
Laura, Heath, and Olivia
Hello again from Lexington! We went to the 8:30 service -- isn't that when you all usually go? Jon talked about the earth as God's creation -- last week was on suicide and I did not go to it but it is on tv this morning. Today is my mom's birthday so we went to Frisch's for the breakfast buffet. Libby had a little bit of everything but loved playing in the red jello with her hands. The Cats play at Florida today for the final season game. We took Libby to the Georgia game, the final home game and Senior night on Wednesday. The Courier Journal took a picture of us and a friend of ours in OH saw it and emailed us. Bobby and I have had two date nights these past two Fridays while Libby has spent the night with her Aunt Laura. We went to see Amazing Grace a great movie about ending slavery in England. Then this week we went the total other end of the spectrum and saw Casino Royale at the dollar movies, it is the new Bond movie and was really good -- I like the new guy Daniel Craig. Laura took Libby to see Disney on Ice yesterday which she really enjoyed. It has been really windy here, raining earlier in the week, but snow yesterday -- no sticking but prettier than the rain. We are getting ready for Bunco this week. Gina is hosting and make two different kinds of soup. Anything you want me to pass along to the girls? I am sure you will be the topic of conversation. We will miss you but will be praying for you all. I am curious why after the court date you can only see him every other day. Seems to me that would be harder on Nurik who has gotten used to see you every day. I forgot to tell you that after Bobby and I left the movie we went to the new Walmart Neighborhood Market -- what an old married couple we are. But what made me think of that is I got Nurik a present from there. I am going to look for more before you all return -- I am going to keep you guessing. Hey, I also thought that we have a Guest day at BSF this week. You should come in May to get signed up for the Matthew study next year to bring Nurik! I am excited that he and Libby are so close in age. Well, that is about all of my exciting life. You asked for the day to day details. Oh, I left out where we ate -- Johnny Carinos which has the best house Cianti dressing for their salad. Just a reminder to be on the lookout for nesting dolls for Libby -- if you can find pink that would be great! Well, I am going to sign off and read the Sunday paper before the ball game comes on. Love from the Livesays! K
We have our own winter wonderland in Rhinelander, WI. Paul estimates we have received about 3 ft of snow in the past week with incredible winds and blowing. I'll take the snow anyday over the freezing wind! Luckily no snow today so far. Nothing new in our lives here. Only the excitement of dealing with a 4 yr old and an almost 2 yr old. Our goals have lessened to just trying to keep the boys alive and not fighting over every toy, blanket, book, etc.... It is not as if we don't have plenty for the entire neighborhood. I have been working my usual 4 days/week at the clinic and hospital, floating wherever I am needed, which is usually OB or surgery. Paul is working on restoring a 1955 Chevy truck since it is his slow season in the insurance world. Mom & Dad just got home yesterday from a vacation in San Antonio, TX. We are getting Ethan registered for 4K school next year. The time flies! Hope Nurik is feeling better, although I like the cuddling when my boys are not feeling great. The only time they are still long enough to cuddle. :) We miss you and can't wait to see the new family. I was thinking this morning how it will be around Easter when you finally get home. How appropriate! New beginnings for all.
I'm going to write more today with the hope that my comments will actually get posted. I did a few test runs after the initial one, but was blocked. My neighbor used my computer when hers was down and set up a google account in her name, but at my email address - so now it won't let me create one of my own. In the meantime, I tracked her down in Victoria, British Columbia and she shared her password, so hopefully this will work. That was long and involved - but if you're bored, it was also additional reading material!
I have friends here who adopted two boys from Russia who are always eager to hear about your progress. It is a different process with Russia - it also involved long visits, but at least two trips in addition. I don't think they had as much support as it sounds like you are getting. You are spending so much time with Nurik, that it will be much easier for him to make the adjustment to looking to you for comfort when his world changes. These friends did ask that I pass on one piece of advice - expect the adjustment period to last into the second year. I think it is very good that you are planning time alone together when you return. Do you have counselors available to you when you are back in the States?
I wish I had a great story to tell like the one with Brian being stuck in the snow - that is so Wisconsin! However, it has been in the 80's here for the last 10 days, so the most I can complain about is a noisy neighbor upstairs. Condo living can definitely be a challenge. It sounds like they drag their furniture around on the tile floor every night - and they never start before 10 PM.
I am really enjoying the pictures - and the evolution of your relationship over time. Nurik seems to have taken to both of you at this point - the picture of him sleeping on Karen is too precious for words. When the work world seems hard, it is good to remember such a moment and remind ourselves about what is really important. To make a difference in the life of a child is more important than anything else we can do.
I was thinking what my relationship with your little guy will be - and I think I am a great aunt. That is so cool - I'm happy to be great at something these days! I am sorry I will be out of the country when you all return. I'll be visiting my grandchildren, but I'll definitely be thinking of all of you.
Hang in there - a month is such a short time in the big scheme of things. Minute by minute is another story!
Love, Great Aunt Carol
I should have posted this comment first - Ruth is not your mother, Pat. It is really me - your aunt Carol! The Ruth on the comment is my neighbor. Maybe I'll figure out how to change that, but probably not today.
Carol
Post a Comment